[RESOLVED] Target Points can't be overwritten

Kappa

Thanks. I'll check this ASAP.

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

you cant actually choose a specific target point number at all.

the TOO button will just automatically designate the next free number as target point, no matter what number you put in (or any at all) when you press Enter

Edited by Wisky

Il 2/7/2021 at 23:09, Wisky ha scritto:

you cant actually choose a specific target point number at all.

the TOO button will just automatically designate the next free number as target point, no matter what you number you put in (or any at all) when you press Enter

Yes in deed.

@myHelljumper  do we have to consider this as REPORTED?

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

This was posted on the discord and apparently works?

So the actual procedure is:
1. Designate a target using any sensor.
2. Press UFC TOO button
3. An options menu will appear in the ODU: WPT, MRK, TGT (TGT will be selected by default)
4. Select TGT. 0 will be shown in the UFC scratchpad indicating T0.
5. Enter any number between 1 to 10 and click Enter (Just press enter, entering a number will not work -> it will still just increment by one)
6. The Designation coordinates will be stored in the selected targetpoint.
6.5 Press UFC TOO button AGAIN or wait till the TOO function disappears from the UFC automatically: (Otherwise things will NOT WORK, it will just set the next target point to the location you designated previously -> All your Target Points will be on the same spot)
7. Repeat until you have filled all 10 targetpoints
8. Do an absolute JDAM release.
Tell me if that works for you guys or if it is just me doing something wrong.

I'm guessing this feature is still a work in progress.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

On 7/5/2021 at 5:40 PM, Sideburns said:

This was posted on the discord and apparently works?

So the actual procedure is:
1. Designate a target using any sensor.
2. Press UFC TOO button
3. An options menu will appear in the ODU: WPT, MRK, TGT (TGT will be selected by default)
4. Select TGT. 0 will be shown in the UFC scratchpad indicating T0.
5. Enter any number between 1 to 10 and click Enter (Just press enter, entering a number will not work -> it will still just increment by one)
6. The Designation coordinates will be stored in the selected targetpoint.
6.5 Press UFC TOO button AGAIN or wait till the TOO function disappears from the UFC automatically: (Otherwise things will NOT WORK, it will just set the next target point to the location you designated previously -> All your Target Points will be on the same spot)
7. Repeat until you have filled all 10 targetpoints
8. Do an absolute JDAM release.
Tell me if that works for you guys or if it is just me doing something wrong.

I'm guessing this feature is still a work in progress.

this definitely works , step 6.5 is the step that ( probably) shouldnt be there. 

But overwriting doesnt work as per OP. 

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

On 7/12/2021 at 4:37 AM, Thanatos31 said:

this definitely works , step 6.5 is the step that ( probably) shouldnt be there. 

But overwriting doesnt work as per OP. 

Confirmed. Having the same issue. Haven't been able to find a way to reuse TP with TOO

Same or worse I think... Same issue, you cannot really select a TP number, therefore, you cannot override one. Also, it is creating TP but who knows pointing to where! Definitely not to were my TPOD o DMT where pointing... 

• myHelljumper changed the title to [RESOLVED] Target Points can't be overwritten