RSBN...?

Capt_Haddock

This might acquire again mentioning of this valuable asset that is missing:

Thanks to @Northstar98 collecting the samples. Those would again help everyone in all maps.

• Like 4

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

On 6/30/2021 at 11:32 PM, Capt_Haddock said:

Any RSBN stations we could use when flying the L-39? I can't find any on the map... Thanks!

IRL I've found at least one of them at Khmeimim/Latakia.

And yeah - personally it needs to be made a unit that you can place in the mission editor - in exactly the same fashion as the portable TACAN (as what was shown in the thread @Fri13linked).

You could even do the same for the PRMG system, there are images of it online, all you need to do is specify a direction (which can just be the direction the unit is facing) and a channel - that's it (not sure if the glideslope is adjustable).

Then after that, it would really be time to unify the RSBN system. Such that the L-39 (and in the future - the MiG-29) and the MiG-21bis share the same system.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting, included google earth link to Khmeimim RSBN
  • Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

RSBN was promised in the pre-release but has not yet been added.  there are some mods to add it to the map but I've steered clear of acknowledging any of these as they keep saying RSBN is coming.

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, inconnudiscret said:

PRMG and RSBN are really missing on this map 

some TACANs as well

As far as I can tell, all TACANs that should be are modelled.

Please provide specific examples of missing beacons and documentation that cements their existence.

• Like 1

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

• 1 month later...

Still no RSBN 😞

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

• 11 months later...
9 hours ago, grimm862 said:

Did they ever add this to the Syria map? I don't see them in the mission editor.

No, because there is nothing to add.

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks very much George,

Sorry I missed your question Coupon4Coffin. I have beacon files for all the present-day maps. I have kneeboards for the Caucuses (Kneeboard Builder app required). Send a PM if I can help with anything.

Please note: Beacon files don't fail the IC check, don't add scenery objects, or anything bad other than hard to read numbers within the Mision Editor. They make flying the L-39 very fun if you like radio navigation.

Cary    - smil

Edited by JG14_Smil