Observe switch not bindable after latest update.

monkie

Since the last update today I can't bind any of my joystick keys to "observe on/off" it only can be bound to the pre-update "observe" which now acts as "observe on". 

Any idea how to get this working again?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

I deleted my warthog profiles for the MI-24 under the saved games directory but still the only bindable key is the "observe" button which is only acting as an on and not an off button.

• Like 1

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

It's a major annoyance because from the gunner's position it's critical to get those doors closed immediately after the attack run finishes to avoid damage to the sight, and I hate having to reach up to the keyboard to do it right now 🙂

• Like 1

I believe that it was meant to be added as requested by some users that wanted to use actual toggle switches which is fine however it not only dosen't work for them now it also broke it for the rest of us 🙂     I'm sure it will be sorted, hopefully in the next update, just glad it wasn't just my install or keybinds.

I mean its cool they added this stuff, but i prefer it as a toggle as well and can not understand why this option should be kicked out.

BTW:

Is it necessary that i as a pilot in singleplayer "close" observe after Petrovich shot an shturm and i turn away from the target in a harsh way or does he close it (Gyro problem)?

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

They didn't remove the option for it to be a an ON/OFF switch, they just tried to add ON and OFF switches but in the process it broke the original binding.

From what I understand if you are the Pilot the short aft AI command tells Petro to close the doors and stop looking for targets to avoid damaging the gyros from a harsh turn.

• Like 1