Heavy stutters in Syria after recent updates

Carried from another thread. Since updating (now 2.7.3) Syria has been almost unplayable with the Hind with heavy stuttering and tearing. With other aircraft (tried all the modules I own) it is very much reduced, but still happens every so often. With other maps, everything is perfect with a solid 36 FPS per eye with my Quest 2 set at 72Hz (2070 Super) with any aircraft, including the Hind.

I've done everything as suggested in other threads (pagefile, FXO/metashaders2, xBox DVR etc..) 

I was having sound stutters too, but did a factory reset on my headset and that solved those, but unfortunately not the tearing. I had zero issues before the last update (Cyprus release) and 2.7.3 today.

Running resource manager shows nothing that I can see out of the ordinary..

Any ideas?

Capture.PNG

Syria.miz dcs.log DxDiag.txt

• Like 1

Hi. I don't understand how your W10 was installed... your DxDiag says Windows is on our C:\ drive (which is something that -to my knowledge- cannot be change). Yet I see in your screenshot that your Windows is using a "D:1\" drive as its system drive. Your pagefile is also stored on this "D:1\" drive.

Please run this command in a "cmd" window and paste what it returns:

wmic pagefile list /format:list

I don't see anything wrong or unusual in your DCS log by the way.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Here you go..

AllocatedBaseSize=32768
CurrentUsage=0
Description=C:\pagefile.sys
InstallDate=20210331221535.490123-240
Name=C:\pagefile.sys
PeakUsage=1
Status=
TempPageFile=FALSE

My W10 is on C (SSD), D is random programs (HDD), E is other games (SSD), and F is my dedicated DCS drive..

Edited by Spetz

Thank you. I try to understand why your C:\ drive shows up as "D:1\", which I believe means "first partition of the D:\ drive". Can you please attach a large screenshot of the Windows diskmgmt.msc utility?

Please try adding your DCS main folder as an exception in Kaspersky antivirus : https://knowledge.civilgeo.com/knowledge-base/adding-an-exception-to-kaspersky-firewall/

See if this fixes your issue with Syria terrain.

image.png

Regardless of how the above is set up (had some issues swapping SSD's over to new computer), this had never affected DCS or any other games/programs before the Cyprus update or Hind release.

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure your pagefile was not stored on your HDD. Now I know it is not. 👍

Since your issue only happens over Syria and only since the latest update, you should consider uninstalling and then reinstalling the Syria terrain.

Sorry, should have mentioned. Yes, I have done that already.

GPU drivers are 471.11, installed via DDU in safe mode. I’m going to remove the Hind from my products and see if it changes anything with Syria.

EDIT** So brain farted.. I didn't rename/delete my saved games folder as one of the potential fixes. Did that and added my Input folder back in and everything is buttery smooth again. I reinstalled the Hind as well. Still a few instances of tearing with the Hind, but for the most part I would say 95% better. I'll chalk that up to a WIP module. Zero issues with any other aircraft. 

So what ever was the issue, seems to have been dealt with. Thanks for your initial investigations.

Edited by Spetz

If I rename my Save Games Folder, DCS will rebuild it and all I have to do is re-input my Input Folder.  By doing this, all my HOTAS bindings, Vaicom setting, etc will be intact?

Just wanting to get a clarification before I make an attempt.

Thanks

Here's how to do it right:

1. Rename your "Saved Games\DCS (or DCS.openbeta)" folder into another name, such as "DCS_backup" (do NOT delete this folder)
  2. Start DCS, then exit when you reach the main menu (this step is important: DCS generates a brand new "Saved Games\DCS..." folder,
  3. Get to "Saved Games\DCS_backup\Config\Input"
  4. Copy all of its content
  5. Get to "Saved Games\DCS (or DCS.openbeta)\Config\Input"
  6. Paste
  7. Start DCS and enjoy.
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Am 4.7.2021 um 16:54 schrieb Flappie:

Here's how to do it right:

1. Rename your "Saved Games\DCS (or DCS.openbeta)" folder into another name, such as "DCS_backup" (do NOT delete this folder)
  2. Start DCS, then exit when you reach the main menu (this step is important: DCS generates a brand new "Saved Games\DCS..." folder,
  3. Get to "Saved Games\DCS_backup\Config\Input"
  4. Copy all of its content
  5. Get to "Saved Games\DCS (or DCS.openbeta)\Config\Input"
  6. Paste
  7. Start DCS and enjoy.

Like to thank YOU for it as well, got all MODS back in place and working.

tip my had,Sir

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900 CPU @ 3.10GHz   3.10 GHz- - Arbeitsspeicher 64 RAM - Nviadia Geforce GTX 4070TI - Oculus Quest 2

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Wulli61:

Like to thank YOU for it as well, got all MODS back in place and working.

tip my had,Sir

Sorry but after reboooting  - all mod are gone 🙁 again

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900 CPU @ 3.10GHz   3.10 GHz- - Arbeitsspeicher 64 RAM - Nviadia Geforce GTX 4070TI - Oculus Quest 2