VKB F14 stick opinions

Q3ark

Does anyone here have the VKB F-14 stick? If so what is your opinion of it? How are the buttons? I’m thinking of going for it with the gunfighter mk3 base, but would like to hear your opinions as it’s quite expensive for a single aircraft. 

The ONLY thing I miss from the VKB Stick is the ability to change SW stations in the respective mode, since that "switch" is missing, hardware wise. Other than that I'm a VERY happy camper and can recommend the stick / base

• Like 1

I've been trying to read up on both sticks because I'm looking to get an entire set soonish.  I've been looking a lot at VKB as a system and Virpil as a system.  All I'm really seeing between them is a very minimal cost difference (US here) and trading somewhat equivalent pros and cons between the two F14 sticks.  Neither seems to be a clear winner.

1 hour ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

The ONLY thing I miss from the VKB Stick is the ability to change SW stations in the respective mode, since that "switch" is missing, hardware wise. Other than that I'm a VERY happy camper and can recommend the stick / base

As the owner, fully agree

all navy 500x100.jpg

I bought the VKB F-14 stick earlier this year with the gunfighter base and it's fantastic.  Huge improvement over the X-56 I was using previously.

I've been using it for a lot of stuff other than DCS (X4, Mechwarrior 5, Il-2) and it's great. 

Very comfortable and I'm a lot more accurate now I don't have the wobbly center of the X-56.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, horstweihrauch said:

I‘d go vkb on the stick and virpil for the throttle😏

I was considering this, I’m currently using a warthog stick (F/A-18 add on) and throttle with the pendular rudder, it’s a perfectly fine setup, but I really want a decent F-14 stick and I’ve read that the Virpil one isn’t as good as the VKB one. I’m trying to justify the expense lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Q3ark said:

I was considering this, I’m currently using a warthog stick (F/A-18 add on) and throttle with the pendular rudder, it’s a perfectly fine setup, but I really want a decent F-14 stick and I’ve read that the Virpil one isn’t as good as the VKB one. I’m trying to justify the expense lol 

Pendular rudder bro fist🤜 🤛

I switched from the warthog setup to the GFIII with MCG and the Virpil CM3 throttle. Both feels like a major upgrade. If this helps for justify:D

Darkstar: Merged

Absolutely love mine, and don't forget about the discount you get if you own the F-14 module.

Modules: F-14A/B | F-15C | F-16C | F/A-18C | SU-33 | Spitfire Mk IX | AH-64D | UH-1 | Super Carrier | Combined Arms | Persian Gulf | Syria | NTTR

Setup: VKB Gunfighter Mk.III F-14 CE HOTAS | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | MFG Crosswind V3 | Custom switch panel | Tek Creations F14 Display Panel | Custom F14 Left Vertical Console | Custom IR Tracker | Custom butt kicker

PC: i7 11700K | 64GB G-Skill DDR4 3600MHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | DCS dedicated 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD | 3440x1440 144hz 34" ultrawide

3 hours ago, horstweihrauch said:

Pendular rudder bro fist🤜 🤛

I switched from the warthog setup to the GFIII with MCG and the Virpil CM3 throttle. Both feels like a major upgrade. If this helps for justify:D

Thanks brother! That is helping, time to see if I can get some overtime at work to pay for it 😂