ARC Frequencies

Bad news: It only works in you have a low population on the server. The more players you have, the more often the resetting of the beacon occurs which resulted in crashing the server.

This bug really has got to be fixed.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

1 hour ago, Sedlo said:

Crap. Sorry, @Alpenwolf .  

Don't be, mate. You tried and I treasure that. Bless you.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

On 2/8/2022 at 10:50 AM, Alpenwolf said:

In some missions (or maps I should say), the 60 seconds delay doesn't help either. It really is a thing when unable to use beacons to navigate properly.

You can create a script that re-starts the the beacons every so often , or try using MOOSE

Edited by HC_Official

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

11 hours ago, HC_Official said:

You can create a script that re-starts the the beacons every so often , or try using MOOSE

I'll test it out.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

On 7/1/2021 at 11:39 AM, Alpenwolf said:

Works in singleplayer, in the mission editor and multiplayer. However, not on a dedicated server as it is with the Cold War 1947 - 1991 server.

As a mission editor you can create trigger zones and use them to set up ARC frequencies across the terrain to help with better navigation. Also, and as many of you know you can add a sound file to simulate the sound of a transmitting beacon. All that works just fine but as stated above not on a dedicated server.

I use these frequencies in almost all my missions which is a nice thing to get players to play around with, plus of course arriving at the desired destination precisely.

This issue has been going on for at least a year and I did report it back in the day. Maybe it was overlooked or something, so please check it out.

That's a real nuisance that drove me nearly mad when trying to design own missions for MP. I was cursing the Mi-8 ADF system and my own capabilities to operate it until I saw this thread. Did some more tests and can confirm Alpenwolfs findings. Thanks for adressing this, Alpenwolf.

@Flappie or @BIGNEWY, please forward this to ED, it is rather important to fix this.

• 4 weeks later...

@Alpenwolf Although the fix didn't make it to the changelog, I'm pretty sure the issue is gone.

Can you please confirm that you do not need to repeat a looped radio transmission anymore in MP so incoming players can receive them?

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

7 hours ago, Flappie said:

@Alpenwolf Although the fix didn't make it to the changelog, I'm pretty sure the issue is gone.

Can you please confirm that you do not need to repeat a looped radio transmission anymore in MP so incoming players can receive them?

That'd be great. I have different missions on different maps, so I'll be checking it out over the upcoming days, and then I'll report back to you.

Thanks for letting me know.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

• 3 months later...
On 3/18/2022 at 8:46 AM, Flappie said:

Although the fix didn't make it to the changelog, I'm pretty sure the issue is gone.

It has been some time, but I finally checked, it's gone. Thx ED!

On 3/18/2022 at 8:46 AM, Flappie said:

Not sure I understand you here, a loop would be a constant repetition of an audio file, isn't it? I only work with looped morse codes on my radio stations/beacons.

Thanks for your feedback. 👍

The workaround for this bug was to repeat the 'RADIO TRANSMISSION' trigger every minute or so, for newcomers to receive the signal. That's what I meant by 'repeating the loop'.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.