Can't fly the map even though I have it!

I have the map but can't fly it.  The map is listed but no aircraft are listed to fly with instant action flights, for example, take off, landing, free flight, dog fight, etc.

I would like to fly this map but how?

I don't do mission builder stuff (don't know how and never had the need), so please don't tell me I can only fly this map via the mission builder, because I don't use the mission builder.

Any guidance would be gratefully received because so far this is very disappointing.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

5 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Well, wait for ED to add instant missions then or download some... 

So I take it from your reply that you have no instant missions either and it is supposed to be like that for now?

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

There are instant action missions for some planes. F/A-18 and F-16 both have 3 each. Mi-24 has 4. F-14 has a lot.

Minky has released his sandbox for the Marana's, which has most aircraft in it. That will allow you to fly the map without having to create a mission. You can every blow things up 🙂

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317282/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317281/

There is also the 'Free Flight and Practice - Mariana Islands' mission uploaded on user files, which has all aircraft in DCS

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317280/

Edited by AdrianL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Talisman_VR said:

I don't do mission builder stuff (don't know how and never had the need), so please don't tell me I can only fly this map via the mission builder, because I don't use the mission builder.

I don't intend to try to force you into anything, but the Mission Editor is extremely simple to use for something like setting up free flight. I don't even use instant actions because the ME is simpler and more powerful.

Just select the map after opening the ME, then on the left side you will see an airplane icon. Click it and then click on the map to place a plane. On the right side of the screen there will then be a popup to select plane type, etc. Set this as you want, planes with yellow names are flyable, but make sure to set the skill setting to "Player" so you can fly it.

Once this is done click the fly button (green check) on the left menu. That's it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• ED Team

Many aircraft have Instant Action missions right now, and more will come as things develop. 

Also if you dont have a free flight for your favorite aircraft, there are a number of good videos on basic Mission Editing to get you in the air fast, as an example:

• Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

22 hours ago, Crash Master said:

Based on my limited collection of aircraft modules, I see the F-18 and F-15 (Flaming Cliffs) each have simple Instant missions (Cold Start, Hot Start, Free Flight).  There may be others, but this is what I have.

Thanks for the feedback Crash Master.  I don't have those aircraft.  I have Spitfire, Mustang and Mig-15, but no instant missions for those with the new map 😞

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Give the M.E a go, you really are missing out on a substantial part of what DCS can do for you if you don’t. I swear by it.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

On 7/1/2021 at 6:54 AM, Talisman_VR said:

I feel you. I too was intimidated by the ME when I first started until I watched a few You Tube videos. Believe me, It's not as complicated as it looks.

I jumped in feet first and made my share of mistakes, but I found the ME to be rather intuitive so I kept at it. It didn't take long to learn the basics.

Now I don't know any other way to play. As soon as the game opens, it's the first button I click. Don't be shy, just give it a try, it won't bite.

• Thanks 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU