Where is Bird Island Marine Sanctuary?

orl_cz

On 7/4/2021 at 5:36 AM, Nealius said:

It looks like their source of topographic data has issues and they never double-checked with street view or pictures of the actual locations.

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of issues with the geometry - it also looks fairly coarse.

I'll try and do a detailed post about it.

Edited by Northstar98
spelling, formatting
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Hey,

I'd like to see that in the game as well and put the island together earliert today. Obviously still needs the foliage and a proper integration to the map.
If the team and you guys are interested, is there a way to share that with the community or pass to the ED maps team to add to the game somehow?

islandPreviewB.png

islandPreviewC.png

Edited by GEIST
  • Like 5

@BIGNEWY tagging you sir to make sure you see this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 1 month later...

Playing around with the integration - still needs to be a bit better and the foliage is missing. Probably too small as well.
The main problem is that the trees covering the flat island underneath cast a shadow even if they are covered by another object. But once it's complete I'll share the file and if ED wants to use please be my guest!

saipanIsland_v01.jpg

saipanIsland_v02.jpg

Edited by GEIST
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you would like to be able to place this island upon the sea/water, use this lua file.

It will make the island a "ship" but I have crippled the engines so it may not move! :biggrin:

(must have been bad gas)😆

Nice work here!

Reminds me of my Pacific Islands mod!

Found in the mods forums.

Cheers!

Screen-220309-072808.jpg

SaipanIsland.lua

• Like 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."