Strange sky colours like it's Armageddon during daylight

Goggz

Since the last update (the one that included the Marianas map), I've been seeing these apocalyptic sky colours during daytime.

I have done a repair to DCS OpenBeta twice & it has made no difference.

I've also deleted the fxo and metashader2 folders from my DCS Saved Games folder with no effect.

Can anyone suggest a way to fix this without having to re-install the whole game please.

Thanks in advance for you help!

armageddon.jpg

Edited by Goggz
new info

Try this:

1. Rename your "Saved Games\DCS" (or DCS.openbeta) folder into "DCS_backup" (do NOT delete this folder - it contains your custom controls).
  2. Launch DCS and see if the issue is gone.

I'll explain how to retrieve your custom controls once you report back.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Sadly, that didn't work Flappie. At first I thought it had, cos I was under a thin, hazy overcast and everything looked normal, but as soon as I got out of that it was back to Armageddon...

I've checked DXDiag & append the txt file.

THanks for your help!

DxDiag.txt

OK. Try this then:

1. Empty "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta" (or Temp\DCS)
  2. Empty "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache" (Windows might refuse to delete some files unrelated to DCS - just hit "Ignore"). If you have an AMD GPU, here's where you'll learn to clear AMD shader cache.

If the issue persists, please attach your dcs.log file ( C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\Log\dcs.log - may appear as "dcs" ).

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Weird... everything is back to normal now after factory resetting my AMD software, so we'll never know exactly what actually caused it & why, cos I've not touched those AMD settings for easily over six months.

Thanks very, very much for your help though Flappie, it was much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

hey Guys , contacting you for a little challenge, because nobody know whats happen with this problem and I thought you could could decipher this enigma. know this kind of problem? After the installation of Marianas, I no longer have blue sky, apparently, it is some kind of problem with the video card, I have a Radeon 570 with AMD 8350 processor, There is not much information on the web about this problem. I hope you have some information. By the way I apply and did everything you comment in this link above and many more, and still doesn't work, hope you could help me. Thanks very much

213229516_169928365187770_1541423704635540281_n.jpg

214676864_316471953512679_1434649852338403991_n.jpg

• Like 2

@FlappieNo my friend, didn't fix it. Yesterday I was using the DCS stable, because here I haven´t this issue, but Yesterday was released the update that included Mariana, after the installation started the problem also in the stable version.  TRy to uninstall and the problem persist, I even delete all AMD caches. I have no more bullets, have no idea, may be the Video card or processor?