Vessels unable to move near coast

Ships are unable to move within a couple hundred metres of a shore. This makes it impossible to have moving ships in ports.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Place a ship near the coast and give it a waypoint to proceed to, OR place a ship far from the coast and set one of it's waypoints to be near the coast - about 500 metres in my limited experience.

2) Run the mission and observe as the ship is unable to move.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, but this is going to be especially important if amphibious stuff ever gets properly simulated. And we already have an LST + a Higgins Boat LCVP, with a Pr. 775 ["Ropucha I"] in the modelviewer (also an LST - i.e beaches itself on the shore to unload vehicles, though it can unload amphibious vehicles from further out).

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

It depends on the depth and the ship. At some point the maps started having actual sea floor and elevation data was added. The depth impacts where different ships can travel with a CV requiring more depth than a frigate would. Unfortunately there are several problems with this. 

1. Can't easily see depth information like you can altitude.

2. AI don't try to avoid low sea-bed so they will just move until they are stopped by it. 

3. Mixed sea floor elevation across multiple maps. Syria and PG are relatively accurate for depth while Caucasus and Marianas have a fixed depth that the shoreline gradually descends to. It is most obvious on Syria where there are ports that can be 20+ meters deep.

• Thanks 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum