The halil valley -part 3 not going further after plane shot down

Hello everyone, 

i have a small problem, i played the whole mission The Halil Valley - Part 3 about 2 times now and everytime i get stuck on the same point. 

after a long mission of CAS you are ending on the airfield, after the raid there will be a enemy plane that whiplash want you to keep buzzy untill hawk (2 f16 that are coming) shoots the plane down. 

Both times i am not waiting because arrow asked me to take care, so i shoot the plane down. (Very easy) 

after that you here some voice like good job, plane down, i miss my old harrier and when hawk arrives, you here on whiplash radio ‘hawk 2 on station and engaging bandit.

after that it will be silence, been flying out here now for 10 minutes. And nothing is happening, in the end i run out of fuel and crash.

pls help me, i dont want to do this mission 4 times. 

thank u all, hope to play further cuz this i a gteat campaign

Edited by päb0594

• päb0594 changed the title to The halil valley -part 3 not going further after plane shot down
26 minutes ago, päb0594 said:

Hello everyone, 

i have a small problem, i played the whole mission The Halil Valley - Part 3 about 2 times now and everytime i get stuck on the same point. 

after a long mission of CAS you are ending on the airfield, after the raid there will be a enemy plane that whiplash want you to keep buzzy untill hawk (2 f16 that are coming) shoots the plane down. 

Both times i am not waiting because arrow asked me to take care, so i shoot the plane down. (Very easy) 

after that you here some voice like good job, plane down, i miss my old harrier and when hawk arrives, you here on whiplash radio ‘hawk 2 on station and engaging bandit.

after that it will be silence, been flying out here now for 10 minutes. And nothing is happening, in the end i run out of fuel and crash.

pls help me, i dont want to do this mission 4 times. 

thank u all, hope to play further cuz this i a gteat campaign

Hi Pab, so to progress BOTH enemy aircraft have to be out of action (either by you or Hawk).  There is an initial enemy and then another a few minutes behind, they can be either shot down or will bug out 5 mins after Hawk's arrival if you fail to do so.  Once both are dealt with you should get a message to contact Whiplash...set the radio and all should be fine.

Please let me know if you have any further issues 😀.

Hello, thank u for reaction so quick, 

i think i know where the problem is by reading your message, 

only one aircraft appears on the airfield, like olmost straight above and that one i shoot down. Hawk didnt shoot down a second one, can u maybe tell me in what area the second one will spawn, so that i can go there and shoot it down.

Just quick question, is it 5 minutes real time of play time, cuz i fast forward after all the orbit round i was making over the airfield.

or should i try not to shoot any aircraft down. At this moment i just want the mission to pass after putting a lot of hours it in 🙂 

so any tips for me? 

thank u for helping!

1 hour ago, päb0594 said:

only one aircraft appears on the airfield, like olmost straight above and that one i shoot down. Hawk didnt shoot down a second one, can u maybe tell me in what area the second one will spawn, so that i can go there and shoot it down.

Just quick question, is it 5 minutes real time of play time, cuz i fast forward after all the orbit round i was making over the airfield.

or should i try not to shoot any aircraft down. At this moment i just want the mission to pass after putting a lot of hours it in 🙂 

so any tips for me? 

thank u for helping!

Just testing as we speak...looks like an AI change in last update has caused an issue with planes fleeing early...I'll send you a fix within the hour.

so any tips for me? 

thank u for helping!

Sorry for the problem, as suspected a minor change in AI behaviour created a big problem, I have fixed the AI and added some fail safes in case it goes rogue again.  It's a while until the next open beta update so in order to allow you to continue you'll find the files for mission 10 here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ngCfgVGda_Tj3QM4ys-sXgKagqT_tCFS?usp=sharing

Please drop these 2 files into your DCS World install  -->  mods --> campaigns --> A10C Operation Persian Freedom.

Use these to replace the existing files and all should work ok when you try again.

I will try them the moment i can! 
You are a true hero, making this campaign, and then after helping people and keeping it update.

its because off people like ur self that will tae gaming to the next level! 

thanks for all years and years to come.

I will try them the moment i can! 
You are a true hero, making this campaign, and then after helping people and keeping it update.

its because off people like ur self that will tae gaming to the next level! 

thanks for all years and years to come.

You're most welcome!