Mouse Aiming

Shark 3-1

I just picked up the gazelle and have been flying the minigun variant. I dont own track IR so I am having to use the hat switch, and frankly its impossible. Is there a way to turn on mouse aiming?

Modules I look forward too: BO-105, OH-58, AH-64, BS3, Eurofighter.
Wishlist: Ah-1 (any variant), HH-60 Pavehawk/ UH-60, A-4, AH6, and F-4

Joystick/Throttle/Rudder pedals: T.16000 Stick, TWCS throttle, and T-Flight rudder pedals.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/9/2021 at 7:40 PM, Paganus said:

I have mouse control of the Minigun. I just have to LALT C to switch from curser to view mode.

That option isn't working for me.  LALT+C only enables mouse look for the camera.  The gun is stuck and won't move.  The gun won't even use head tracking to aim anymore.   I read the minigun update and tried using the mouse wheel 2 clicks followed by 1 click, and that only enables head translation and then mouse look, but the gun stays stuck and motionless the whole time.  The only thing I can with the gun is fire it, but not with the left mouse button because that doesn't even work either.

Edited by Syndrome

On 10/24/2021 at 5:19 AM, Paganus said:

Look at the check boxes in settings. In the past you had to turn on head tracker aiming to get the gun to track the mouse. These settings may have changed since then, so you might need to try a few things.

I think I remember seeing those settings under Special options a couple years ago and yeah that worked.  There nothing there anymore though.  I do remember having to fiddle with it initially to get it to work, but atm there are no work arounds in the axis settings, game settings, misc, etc.   Seems to be a defunct module.  Hope they are still working on it.  One of my favorite choppers and that minigun used to be extremely fun when it worked, even though I had to fly left handed before. 

Screenshot 2021-10-25 115012.png

5 hours ago, Paganus said:

You've most likely looked, but is [Mouse_btn1] mapped to "fire gun or rockets" in the controls tab for the SA342? I would think it would fire if it was even if it still won't aim.

No it's mapped to fire the minigun.  It initially wasn't mapped to anything.  I finally got the left click mouse fire button to work by resetting the mouse control profile to default and mouse button 1 was automatically assigned to the minigun.  But all the mouse does now is fire and move the camera around. The minigun is still frozen in place pointing straight out.  I tried resetting my track IR profile to default as well but that didn't help either. 

Its not my hardware I'm pretty sure because I can fire and aim the door miniguns on the Huey without any issues and they use the same (similar?) basic keybinding options to toggle been mouselook and mouse cursor views.

I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod, but no luck.

Edited by Syndrome