Hind Dogfighting

stuart666

Pity they didnt give you any of these to keep on VHS. 🙂

I find it interesting the posted up footage of them with R60 racks. Supposedly it was a conversion that was relatively rare.

Ill post any more up if I find them. Its surprising the stuff you can find on youtube sometimes.

Edited by stuart666

Amazing video.   1989, almost recent.  Congratulations to Collective 1499 for a record wheat harvest.  Watching real Hinds we see how good the DCS FM is.  Perfect no but damn good.

I have been doing my own dogfighting.  In a mission with lots of units an Apache passed 400m to my left.  I pulled hard and got on his 6.  I gave him 2 good bursts.  He immediately jettisoned weapons and dove straight for the ground.  Awesome, an AH kill.  Then the sumbich started climbing again.  What?  Then a Soviet SAM hit him and he expoloded.  OMG!  In another mission, I was low and fast.  A Kiowa appeared moving across my nose slow 500m in front and 200m above.  I climbed hard to meet him, he was barely moving and I was still fast.  One short burst.  I saw only a single impact below the rotor.  Damnit, a single AP hit is not going to demolish a Kiowa.  But when I read the debrief I got credit for the kill.  Must have hit the gearbox.  Did I celebrate?  No, when I tried to egress, a tsunami of 12.7 ground fire engulfed me, I crashed and died.  I sure do miss my Kamov ejection seat.

Fighting Apaches/Mavericks is nuts.  But for all the other helos, I feel I can hunt them with my high speed and twin cannons.

F16/FA18/A10C2/M2000C/AV8B/F15E/A4E/P47/P51/MIG21/AH64/MI24P/KA50

On 7/4/2021 at 4:22 PM, SmukY said:

These have english subtitles.

Good lord, thank you so much for finding versions with english subtitles.  These are an absolute treasure.  Even if half of the footage is 'get behind him where he can't see ya n give the ol' kick in the arse.'  

On 7/10/2021 at 8:58 AM, Fenin said:

Good lord, thank you so much for finding versions with english subtitles.  These are an absolute treasure.

Subtitles were a big help.  I was wondering why they were flying so slow.  Demonstration purposes, lol.

The instructor teaches to attack the bandit from his 4 o'clock.  Why not attack the bandit from his 6?  Certainly, a low approach from the 6 is more stealthy.  Maybe because the average helo travels at 120 kts, it is hard to overtake from behind?  Also, from behind the bandit's profile won't change much.  From 4 o'clock, the bandit is more likely to fill up your windscreen at the merge.

On 7/14/2021 at 4:26 PM, Fenin said:

I believe that I've found my tactic.  Just body the guy. 

Really impressive.  Accidental taran.  Good Ural tungsten versus weak French carbon-fiber🙂.  You were PO?  That must have been some view.  How could Nekomata miss?  Did you RTB?  How did the fuselage look?  Hope you weren't able to shoot more missiles.  

I thought Flying Tank was urban myth.  I was wrong.  I thought it was short for Flying Tank Killer, meaning latest and greatest Sturmovik.  No, this thing is VBMP for real.

We made a missile run against Pattons.  Petro shacked.  I pulled away.  We had only 4 missiles but I had to go to F2 to see if we were winchester.  I saw the Pattons shooting sabot at us.  Not too worried, the 12.7 is deadly accurate.  We were going 190 KPH and not flying straight and level.  What kind of Patton gunner can put lead on that?  WHAM.  A sabot passed through our tail boom.  The aircraft didn't even shake.

13 hours ago, dfpoor said:

Really impressive.  Accidental taran.  Good Ural tungsten versus weak French carbon-fiber🙂.  You were PO?  That must have been some view.  How could Nekomata miss?  Did you RTB?  How did the fuselage look?  Hope you weren't able to shoot more missiles.  

I thought Flying Tank was urban myth.  I was wrong.  I thought it was short for Flying Tank Killer, meaning latest and greatest Sturmovik.  No, this thing is VBMP for real.

We made a missile run against Pattons.  Petro shacked.  I pulled away.  We had only 4 missiles but I had to go to F2 to see if we were winchester.  I saw the Pattons shooting sabot at us.  Not too worried, the 12.7 is deadly accurate.  We were going 190 KPH and not flying straight and level.  What kind of Patton gunner can put lead on that?  WHAM.  A sabot passed through our tail boom.  The aircraft didn't even shake.

I didn't have anything on that outer pylon, tbqh.  I was setup in my silly FAC loadout with all the atgms on the other wing.  I barely even felt him collide, to be honest.  I think that it might have holed a fuel tank on the belly, but I might not have had fuel in it to begin with.  Most of the time I takeoff with about 50-60% gas at absolute maximum.

Honestly I was just trying to smack him with a 30mm round, but I guess a wingtip will suffice. 😂