ALR-56M Tones

Beamscanner

ED Team,

ALR-56M has "Handoff" button. Which allows PRF audio pass through on the diamond threat (highest threat).

Most of this work you already did in the A-10C

hcWeZhR.png?1

If you could just copy the code you used in the A-10, and apply it to the F-16 only when "Handoff" is selected, many of us will be happy.

You dont need to make any PRF audio tones. Just add the A-10 code please, and we the community can do the rest.

• Like 2

+1

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

ALR-56M audio

Can anyone shed some light on what kind of audio the ALR-56M produces?

So far the only material I've been able to find that maybe contains it is this video:

But I'm not 100% sure since it might be one of the older RWRs. If anyone has more info it'd be appreciated.

E: to clarify since this got merged into another thread - I'm wondering about new guy tones and other synthetic tones that aren't PRF ones.

Edited by Santi871

• 1 year later...

Hi,

This is probably heavy WIP still, but the RWR tones don't sound at all similar to the ALR-56M. Here you go a couple of videos to illustrate:

2:35 - New airborne (or ambiguous) threat tone (missing in DCS)

3:07 - Missile launch tone

3:23 - Missile launch "recycle" tone (to be played every 15 seconds after the missile launch tone -- currently in DCS the missile launch tone plays continuously instead of playing once and then playing the (slightly different) recycle tone every 15 seconds)

And in-between all that some (clamped? idk) prf tones.

36FS Fiends - Red Flag Alaska Ep 2 - YouTube with some audio in the first minute (including new ground threat tone at 0:31)

I hope it helps the team understand the "abstract" wording in the documents describing the ALR-56M tones.

• Like 4

• 11 months later...

Removed: RWR Handoff Functions PRF Audio. This is more a function of the ALR-69. This would not be correct for the ALR-56M in our Viper based on SME feedback.
https://forum.dcs.world/topic/206282-subject-to-change-desired-f-16c-systems-and-payloads/?do=findComment&comment=4988949

I don't understand what exactly got removed. The manual handoff function that allows you to designate the primary threat? Or the RWR tones? Right now the Viper seems to be in Diamond Float handoff mode by default even though the corresponding light is not on.

On the PRF tones, they seem to have been in the Viper for quite a while. You can hear them in several 16-under-fire-vids for example clearly in this one from ODS (1991):

Edited by enyak

• ED Team

I will ask but can not promise anything. We have been getting good SME feedback it will depend on what information we have. 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, enyak said:

Though regardless the 56M still seems like it sounds off with audible RWR PRF chirps as heard in the video posted above. There's what sounds to me like some chirping after the RWR warning tones.

https://youtu.be/_KdmzCQxTdY?t=205

I was just about to say the same thing. You can clearly hear multiple emitters chirping in that video.

• Like 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Am 27.9.2019 um 01:49 schrieb Beamscanner:

ALR-56M has "Handoff" button. Which allows PRF audio pass through on the diamond threat (highest threat).

Now it is removed in the latest miniupdate for the F16 again, should not the A10 lose this ability now also?

Edited by Hobel

Now it is removed in the latest miniupdate for the F16 again, should not the A10 lose this ability now also?
It never had it, in DCS. The ability to use the Hand-off to step though and monitor threats is not removed, just the ability to route the PRF audio for the Hand-off threat to the pilot's headset.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• ED Team

Hi, 

We still plan the remaining functions of handoff, test, and search/naval, but not raw PRF tones as that would not be accurate for the 56M.

As mentioned the above video is from an ALR-69, not a 56M

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Without Raw PRF tones RWR is nothing Bignewy.. Its search and find it but not give us a PRF tones thats not normal.. If the threat is in a library RWR (56M) will give us a PRF tones too.. 

• Like 3

i9-9900K, 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4,Asus Rog Strix 3080 10GB, TM Hotas Cougar with Vipergear VFS-WE Mod, TM MFD Cougar, TM Warthog Base with F-16 Stick.

F-16C, F-14A/B, Syria Map, Supercarrier, Persian Gulf, Nevada.