Arc-15 the radio does not work when in the front seat in Multiplayer

HC_Official

Howdy,

I am able to use the ARC-15 in both the front and rear seats in the Hind in Single player for radio direction finding (compass dial moves and audio heard)

When I get a friend to fly and I take the front seat in multiplayer I cannot get it to tune to a known beacon, the pilot can however tune to the beacon and hear it

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong ? the helicopter was HOT start on an airfield

• Like 1

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Are you hitting the control button on the ARK. It’s kinda in the middle between the two dials. That tells the system which ARK is slaved to the needle. Just curious because I’ve never tried it. 

Edited by SunDown

7 hours ago, SunDown said:

Are you hitting the control button on the ARK. It’s kinda in the middle between the two dials. That tells the system which ARK is slaved to the needle. Just curious because I’ve never tried it. 

Which seat are you talking about front or back ?

Which ever set of ARK dials you want. I think if you want the gunner/operators ARK to work, dial it up and then hit the CTRL button. I think you have to tell the Hind which set (front seat or back) of ARK dials you want to to be in control of the needle. I think 🤔 

E55B6D8E-756D-4F66-83E6-C3DB45D89A53.jpeg

Edited by SunDown

thanks for the advice, I have learned something new

This is how the ARC-15 works in the hind

SP

If you are in the pilot seat and you tune the Arc-15 to an ADF beacon it just works

If you move to the front seat and tune the front seat ARC-15 to an ADF beacon it just works

MP

If you are in the front seat you MUST press the ARC-15 CTRL button to switch the ant to your ARC-15 radio

IF the pilot in the back seat presses his ARC-15 CTRL it will switch the ant to his radio

So either front OR rear seat can use the ARC-15 , but not at the same time, the CTRL button will switch the ant to the relevant radio it is pressed on

@BIGNEWY can you mark this as solved please

On 7/5/2021 at 10:53 PM, HC_Official said:

thanks for the advice, I have learned something new

This is how the ARC-15 works in the hind

SP

If you are in the pilot seat and you tune the Arc-15 to an ADF beacon it just works

If you move to the front seat and tune the front seat ARC-15 to an ADF beacon it just works

MP

If you are in the front seat you MUST press the ARC-15 CTRL button to switch the ant to your ARC-15 radio

IF the pilot in the back seat presses his ARC-15 CTRL it will switch the ant to his radio

So either front OR rear seat can use the ARC-15 , but not at the same time, the CTRL button will switch the ant to the relevant radio it is pressed on

@BIGNEWY can you mark this as solved please

How does it work for  the displays? Can the operator take control and dial in a frequency to display to the pilot? Or in other words. Do both needles (front and back) always work at the same time?

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Sorry for restart the thread but the behaviour it´s not correct.

The MI-24P has only one ARK-15 set with 2 control sets. (Same as the L-39 and Yak-52, different sets but the same concept of 1 ARK set and 2 control sets).

Each control set has a control button to "take control" of the ARK-15 set, enabling the correspondent crewmember to dial and control the frequency of the ARK-15. 

This frequency set by the crewmember is the input that drives the needle in the HSI to mark the NDB position in each cockpit. 

It´s the same behaviour that works as intended in the L-39 and the Yak-52.

So the bug is not resolved, in multicrew when the pilot or copilot takes control of the ARK-15 with his control set, the dialed frequency of the desired NDB must be shown by the HSI needle in both HSI, not set the other HSI (the crewmember that doesn´t have control) as "off" with the needle marking the 0º position.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tarres said:

The MI-24P has only one ARK-15 set with 2 control sets. (Same as the L-39 and Yak-52, different sets but the same concept of 1 ARK set and 2 control sets).

Each control set has a control button to "take control" of the ARK-15 set, enabling the correspondent crewmember to dial and control the frequency of the ARK-15. 

This frequency set by the crewmember is the input that drives the needle in the HSI to mark the NDB position in each cockpit. 

So the bug is not resolved, in multicrew when the pilot or copilot takes control of the ARK-15 with his control set, the dialed frequency of the desired NDB must be shown by the HSI needle in both HSI, not set the other HSI (the crewmember that doesn´t have control) as "off" with the needle marking the 0º position.

This is slightly off topic but out of curiosity, do you happen to know where the ARC antenna is in the Mi-24?i always assumed it was the flat bottomed dome in between the landing gear wells. As I don’t know of anything else in that compartment. 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 2 months later...
On 5/16/2022 at 11:50 AM, Tarres said:

Fixed in yesterday's update. 👍

• Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.