[REPORTED] HUD elements incorrect

lukeXIII

Many HUD elements are the wrong size and/or in the wrong location. I can't link the H6.0 HUD for comparison as I can only find that in the NATOPS manual. A specific example of the HUD being incorrect is with the VSTOL mode where the area surrounding the witches hat is too clustered.

AV8B_hud3.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

And please notice the "design eye" limited viewing area, as well the HUD drawing circles sizes.  

The proper sizes are mentioned in the manual in mils, and updated changed in newer manuals that what has been changed.

It isn't classified that how something is shown on the HUD. It is what information there might be (like weapon range, coordinates etc).

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

One of the upgrades to the NA included a wide area visible hud.  The same upgrade with the 2+.  Below is a shot of a 2+ trainer where you an see the circles you see in the above pic are gone as the items reach almost to the edge of the hud.  You can tell if you are looking at the older huds by the prominent circles.  Be glad of the upgrade, can you imagine what FLIR on hud would look like on that older style hud.

harrier5.jpg

Edited by ddwg72

Those HUD circles are limitations of physics. They still exist there, but in those you have camera further from the HUD why it looks like larger. 

The CRT projector inside HUD has own collimator corrected design eye, and it can't project picture larger area than the projector glass is under the HUD. 

Still those HUD projections are way too detailed and high resolution. Lacking the proper glow and diffusion as well limited design eye position to see it.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

There are two pictures which show it different from the top pic which show the wide hud verse narrow hud.  The harrier hud was upgraded for the NA to the new wide hud.  The picture at the top is not from the NA but from the trainer.  The picture used does not represent what you would see in the NA. 

Edited by Roth

• 1 month later...

Waypoint circle is way too big (should be about the same size as sideslip indicator). Waypoints are also disappearing in HUD after gear is put down (not sure if this is accurate).

The "C" is also missing from the sideslip indicator when nosewheel is centred.

HUD_layout3.png

HUD_layout4.png

Edited by lukeXIII

• 4 weeks later...
  • AlphaJuliet changed the title to [REPORTED] HUD elements incorrect
  • 4 weeks later...