Mission 4 issues

Hi! I am enjoining the campaign and I have passed mission 4, but I have noticed several issues at the end.

1. When a new message to decare emergency appears I hit it, even I hadn't any emergency, it told me that I had white smoke (that I didn't) and that the hydraulics where zero.

I already was on landing gears and full flaps, but anyway... I couldn't not extend the airbrakes, so I was very fast and had to abort the landing.

Once I was climbing, there was no landing gear up even I had hydraulics. I suppose something was trigger inside the plane.

2. In the second try, I was flying lower to reduce at the end the speed and all was smooth, but once I touch the runway a big explotion appeared behind me hahahaha.. and I had to go to the grass. Nothing happened and all was fine to complete the mission.

Maybe I didn't have to declare the emergency if all was right, but I have noticed in the campaign that some radio comunications don't match with the reality around me. For example when in second mission one of the members of the flight has to bail out. Don't know.

Another thing I would like to mention is that F10 RTB don't make the planes to separate the flight so they crash when I am landing. The only way is with normal radio flight communications telling them to RTB. 

And Please if you could put the trigger to report out of Boston a little more far away than just 3 miles out of the runway for landing, it would be better as I have to manage radios in a very short period of time while landing and ask for permision to land with a very short space.

Thanks!

Hi,

in mission4 you get a hydraulic failure, that’s why you can’t operate the gear and speed brakes. You probably lowered the gear way too early before it all happened. Remember there are different hydraulic systems responsible for different functions. Check the switch next to the gauge. 

the f10 menu works, those who stuck with you were your own flight, you need to give them orders using the built in menu. F10 is only for the 2nd and 3rd flight. (DCS limitation)

Yes.. I figured that I had that hydraulic failure, but I lowered the gears near the runway. 4-6 nm out. I suggest trigger that failure 20 nm or so of the airfield. If I was able to lower the landing gear, it means that it was too close to it. 

Also please consider for future missions to switch off from mission control farther from the airfield. It is also too near (Batumi is usual to go to the sea before landing. Maybe it is triggered when the plane should be on top of the airport and still there is time to make the approach if people make a direct aproach.

Thanks.