Feature Request: Button to Re-Initialize TrackIR Device Connection (?)

Go to solution Solved by QuiGon,

I've gone almost 10 years thinking that if I start DCS without already having started TrackIR, then I need to fully leave the game in order to have TrackIR running before the game is launched to get it to recognize the title, but I recently saw this video that details how, you just need to unlplug-replug your TrackIR and DCS will recognize it - so you don't need to restart DCS after all (I can't tell you how many hours this tip would've saved me if I had known about it sooner...SO MANY missions/MP sessions were launched without realizing that the blue light on the TrackIR wasn't on...)

Here's the feature request - my TrackIR is plugged into my computer which is built into a cabinet, so getting to the USB lead to unplug-replug isn't as trivial for me as it is to most (but I can't believe I'm alone). ED - can you add a button to the in-game controls menu (or anywhere really, just in-game) to force-reset the USB connection to the device? Maybe that's not the best way to do it, but I'm just assuming that simulating an unplug-replug would do what's needed to force the connection to work, without having to physically do it.

Thank you!

• Like 1

/Gregory Smiddy

Programming

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• Solution

This button has been implemented a few months ago. You can find it in the "adjust controls" menu on the bottom right. It's called "Rescan Devices". Make sure you have your TIR plugged in and tracking your TIR clip (green lights) when you press the button.

This button made my DCS life so much more comfortable! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

3 hours ago, QuiGon said:

This button has been implemented a few months ago. You can find it in the "adjust controls" menu on the bottom right. It's called "Rescan Devices". Make sure you have your TIR plugged in and tracking your TIR clip (green lights) when you press the button.

This button made my DCS life so much more comfortable! :thumbup:

Awesome! Thanks!

/Gregory Smiddy

Programming

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/