Can't create a Canadian Hornet on Caucasus or Nevada maps. Why?

=Mac=

Canada has quite a few legacy Hornets. I am Canadian. I would like to fly as my 409 Squadron on these maps. Why am I prevented? Bug or by design?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/409_Tactical_Fighter_Squadron

I can create a U.S. Hornet and then change the skins and Bort no to that squadron. But I want to begin a mission with the squadron.

Edited by =Mac=
Added text

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Not sure Im understanding problem. Missions always start with default skin that you can change, as you pointed out. Thats a stock skin that only shows up if you pick Canada as your country but you can make a copy of description LUA, modify it to show up for any country and add to Saved Games liveries (custom skins). You can also open missions in mission editor and save after changing liveries so it will show up instead of defaulrt.

Start a new mission in the Caucasus map, select Canada as the country to place a jet at Sochi (it starts out as U.S.) Hawk shows up as the A/C. Hornet is not available.

The goal here is to have a generic (unmodded) mission with some Canadian Hornets on the ramp without needing to change the skin.

Screenshot 2021-07-04 194923.jpg

Screenshot 2021-07-04 195151.jpg

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

OK, Just tested. Strange that it switches to limited aircraft. It has to do with that Historical List thing limiting available aircraft. Uncheck that with clock symbol at bottom of screen and all planes should be available. With US chosen in 2016 Hornets available bot not with Canada. Maybe Canada didn't have Hornets in 2016 or at least the Sim doesn't think they did.

Edited by cthulhu68

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Make sure that the time restrictions is off by disabling the little clock ont the bottom.

image.png

Edited by 5e EVC Chappy

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

That was it. Thanks guys!

• Like 1