Marianas scenic Templates

Hello,

Just wanted to promote a fantastic Template that @Minsky has shared with the community and that can easily provide background to the missions that we edit on this Map:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317341/

Not for the User-Mod shy, but the Mods used are mostly the very well known and bug free Civil Aircrafts Mod (CAM) and Military Aircraft Mod (MOM), plus the very recent SAM Assets Pack .. the suggested liveries are optional. On my DCS it worked on the first try:

n6ZgurK.jpg

600 objects bring the islands to life:

kXgo9U3.jpg

KnRbHzH.jpg

Kxa2qDG.jpg

uQdzARz.jpg

qXrcqJR.jpg

I had intended to edit my own Templates for use on the new Map, but these are really nice so I shelved mine and instead will concentrate on editing Missions .. I was kind of tired with the Caucasus anyway 🙂

Cheers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

39 minutes ago, Minsky said:

... There's still room for more templates, like the SAM sites or training ranges ...

I need one for a Training Range, as I want to update the Training missions that I did for the Skyhawk v1.4 on Caucasus, to be able to use them on the Skyhawk 2.0 and on this new free Map .. hopefully Heatblur will release their Forrestal soon (tough I'm not sure if it will be usable by people who don't own the Tomcat, like Razbam did with the Harrier's Tarawa) 👍

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

15 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

hopefully Heatblur will release their Forrestal soon (tough I'm not sure if it will be usable by people who don't own the Tomcat, like Razbam did with the Harrier's Tarawa)

It is planned to be free DCS core asset.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/260275-faq-f-14ab-tomcat-by-heatblur-simulations-frequently-asked-questions/?tab=comments#comment-4553682

Edited by draconus
  • Like 2

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

5 minutes ago, draconus said:

Thank you ... I own the Tomcat, but wasn't sure about this fact ... funny how I always complain that people never reads the FAQ, and here I forgot to do the same 😪

• Like 2

Hi Gents

For me there is a problem with this addon. I have the mods that are required Civil Aircrafts Mod (CAM) and Military Aircraft Mod (MOM), plus the SAM Assets Pack. followed the direction's to the letter and as soon as I add the base objects and extra object and save the mission the3 mission will fail and show "0KB" in size. 

example: I create a mission and save it. The mission will be 12KB in size and load correctly. however as soon as the two templates are loaded and the mission is save all data is lost and the mission now is useless and shows 0KB

Cheers 

wood  

Edited by Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Wood said:

Hi Gents

For me there is a problem with this addon. I have the mods that are required Civil Aircrafts Mod (CAM) and Military Aircraft Mod (MOM), plus the SAM Assets Pack. followed the direction's to the letter and as soon as I add the base objects and extra object and save the mission the3 mission will fail and show "0KB" in size. 

That happens when you use a Template that uses objects from a Mod that you don't have .. in your case most likely it is the KAFA wires Mod (or, your current Mods are not installed correctly).

8 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

That happens when you use a Template that uses objects from a Mod that you don't have .. in your case most likely it is the KAFA wires Mod (or, your current Mods are not installed correctly).

Hey Rudel. Thanks for the reply. Not sure about that as I just been checking. If I load and save with the editor then it does not work. If I open the missions provide it loads. I'm at a loss. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

16 minutes ago, Wood said:

Hey Rudel. Thanks for the reply. Not sure about that as I just been checking. If I load and save with the editor then it does not work. If I open the missions provide it loads. I'm at a loss. 

Are you sure that you have your user Mods properly installed? ... they should show up on the Module Manager, like this:

juK4qqn.jpg

3 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Are you sure that you have your user Mods properly installed? ... they should show up on the Module Manager, like this:

juK4qqn.jpg

Thanks but That's not it. If I didn't have the mods loaded then the debug missions would not load. However, I believe I found the issue and if someone can confirm. With the mission I first created I did not install the first in the list base template but installed Super carrier one. and then loaded or try to load the others with no success. Creating another miz before adding any thing in I loaded the Base templated PT1 followed by PT2 and PT3. Added my aircraft in and it worked. Not sure why its like that or why it happened but thats how, I got it to work.  

Edited by Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 7/5/2021 at 2:58 PM, Minsky said:

Thanks for the spotlight @Rudel_chw !

There's still room for more templates, like the SAM sites or training ranges - I'm not planning to do these, so there won't be any kind of overlapping 🙂 

Please tell me where each of the Mods and Livery go, I have down loaded and installed following your instructions on the download page but can't seem to get the mods or livery install to work, can't populate the in't airports. Thanks TC

Please instruct on where and how these mods / livery are to be installed.  Thanks TC

Can't seem to properly install the civilianaircraftmod.

Edited by too-cool
not complete

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

20 minutes ago, too-cool said:

Please tell me where each of the Mods and Livery go, I have down loaded and installed following your instructions on the download page but can't seem to get the mods or livery install to work, can't populate the in't airports. Thanks TC

Please instruct on where and how these mods / livery are to be installed.  Thanks TC

All the links should have the instructions near the description on where to install them near. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

56 minutes ago, too-cool said:

Please tell me where each of the Mods and Livery go ...

Hi,

As a general rule, Mods that add new aircrafts to DCS go into this path:

\Saved Games\DCS or DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\

like this:

rAICMbb.jpg

Mods that add ground or naval units go into \Saved Games\DCS or DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\

(Ground objects, like the KAFA landing net, go into this path as well). Like this:

uKicV8Q.jpg

Each Mod goes ont its own sub-folder ... the name of this subfolder can be changed to whatever you want, like I have done with Suntsag's mods on the figure above.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Were do you get the VPC Airfield Equipment mod and or Livery?  Thanks  TC

6 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

juK4qqn.jpg

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

6 minutes ago, too-cool said:

Were do you get the VPC Airfield Equipment mod and or Livery?  Thanks  TC

That Mod is not needed for this Template.

On 7/4/2021 at 11:06 AM, Rudel_chw said:

Hello,

Just wanted to promote a fantastic Template that @Minsky has shared with the community and that can easily provide background to the missions that we edit on this Map:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317341/

Not for the User-Mod shy, but the Mods used are mostly the very well known and bug free Civil Aircrafts Mod (CAM) and Military Aircraft Mod (MOM), plus the very recent SAM Assets Pack .. the suggested liveries are optional. On my DCS it worked on the first try:

I can't seem to get the civilian aircraft to show nor I'm I able to save the template after placing Pt. 1 in a mission, all air air bases populate except the Int'l ones.I have placed the mods were directed I think. I will Check again on were they are installed but they show on the installed modual list but I also get a massage saying DCS has disabled them because they are not authorized. I'm at a lost.  Thanks TC

On 7/4/2021 at 11:06 AM, Rudel_chw said:

n6ZgurK.jpg

600 objects bring the islands to life:

kXgo9U3.jpg

KnRbHzH.jpg

Kxa2qDG.jpg

uQdzARz.jpg

qXrcqJR.jpg

I had intended to edit my own Templates for use on the new Map, but these are really nice so I shelved mine and instead will concentrate on editing Missions .. I was kind of tired with the Caucasus anyway 🙂

Cheers.

Marianas.pdf

Edited by too-cool
not complrte

12 hours ago, too-cool said:

...  I also get a massage saying DCS has disabled them because they are not authorized. I'm at a lost.  Thanks TC

Can you attach your dcs.log file, to take look for more clues? .. also a screenshot of the folder structure you used for the Mods would be helpful.

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Can you attach your dcs.log file, to take look for more clues? .. also a screenshot of the folder structure you used for the Mods would be helpful.

I'm not showing any DCS.log file in openbeta or release version or savedgame. It should be in the root dir, shouldn't it?  TC

11 minutes ago, too-cool said:

It should be in the root dir, shouldn't it?  

No, it's on your DCS Settings Folder, inside a "Logs" sub-folder, like this:

FKsrs0t.jpg

The "dcs.log" file is from your latest DCS run; the dcs.log.old is from your prior-to-last run. The debrief.log is from your latest mission flown in full. The DCS-BIOS.log is from an utility that I use and your DCS probably don't have it. There may also be some zipped files in there that are generated when DCS crashes.

The one that is of interest now is the "dcs.log".  Attach it on this thread, to look for clues about your issue.

Cheers.

Eduardo.

Edited by Rudel_chw

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

No, it's on your DCS Settings Folder, inside a "Logs" sub-folder, like this:

Here you go.  TC

FKsrs0t.jpg

The "dcs.log" file is from your latest DCS run; the dcs.log.old is from your prior-to-last run. The debrief.log is from your latest mission flown in full. The DCS-BIOS.log is from an utility that I use and your DCS probably don't have it. There may also be some zipped files in there that are generated when DCS crashes.

The one that is of interest now is the "dcs.log".  Attach it on this thread, to look for clues about your issue.

Cheers.

Eduardo.

Here you go.  TC

dcs.log

Edited by too-cool

Looks like you installed the User Mods on the program path: 

check D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\tech\  ... can you show the contents of that folder?

same with D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\

The User Mods should go into your Saved Games folder ... which currently looks it is on this non-standard path:

D:\Users\Saved Games\Mixed DCS Missions\DCS.openbeta\

From here it looks like you copy/pasted both the the DCS Program folder onto the D:\ drive; as well as the Saved Games folder ... but, the latter is a special windows folder, it should not be moved by copy/paste, but throught the use of its properties sheet.

Looks like you installed the User Mods on the program path: 

check D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\tech\  ... can you show the contents of that folder?

same with D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\

The User Mods should go into your Saved Games folder ... which currently looks it is on this non-standard path:

D:\Users\Saved Games\Mixed DCS Missions\DCS.openbeta\

From here it looks like you copy/pasted both the the DCS Program folder onto the D:\ drive; as well as the Saved Games folder ... but, the latter is a special windows folder, it should not be moved by copy/paste, but throught the use of its properties sheet.

Here it is.  TC

folders.pdf

Edited by too-cool

16 minutes ago, too-cool said:

Here it is. 

OK, lets start with the aircrafts:

T85ljz8.jpg

Move (not copy, move) the highlighted folders to the path of your DCS settings: D:\Users\Saved Games\Mixed DCS Missions\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\

Next, the Ground items:

Rgl4ZZb.jpg

Again, MOVE the highlighted folders to this path:

D:\Users\Saved Games\Mixed DCS Missions\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\tech\

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 1

This is a really cool template, and flying low and slow in a Huey over the Marianas is absolutely awesome, so much life down low, ED have done a great job on initial release, once the map is optomised more, it's going to be even better. 

So many things to see with this template.. great job

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit