Subfolders not being created.. I'm feeling stupid

KiloBravo

Hi. Any help would be appreciated.

Seems like this must be a common issue as it's in the FAQ. But I can't seem to get things working. I'm running an up to date Win10 version.

I have a registered copy of VoiceAttack, which I'm running as Admin.

I've enabled plugin support.

I've copied the VIACOM folder into the path C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO

I've also tried using the .msi installer for Viacom

When I run VoiceAttack nothing happens. There are no subfolders created. I've check windows defender settings and allowed VAICOMPROM through. I'm not running any of the noted conflicting modules in DCS. I do use SimShaker for Aviators.

I've been trouble shooting this for a day now and am feeling like an idiot. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

KB

Can you provide a screenshot of your "\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO " folder?

If you have done correctely it should contain one document folder and 2 files, like this:

\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\

Documentation

EULA.txt 

VAICOMPRO.dll                                               

Edited by Olmba

I tried an uninstall. Reboot. Repair DCS and then a reinstall. This time oddly, voice attack installed in the /program files/ folder rather than the /program files (x86)/ folder. 

I thought I may as well run with it and copied Viacom into the apps folder in that path and ... “voila”... VIACOM installed as advertised. 

I’ve yet to try it out. Hopefully the install path doesn’t matter too much. 

The install path will be because you have the 64-bit version of VoiceAttack and not the 32-bit one (64-bit is new)

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal