Mouse and TrackIR issues in F-18C.

I did not include a track file because, in my view, it is pointless. I can provide it if needed...

My install is bog standard OpenBeta. No mods whatsoever. Alt-c switches mouse-modes but I cannot get "mouseview" to work at all. If I switch back to the "operate switches mode", it works as advertised. It's as if the mouse is not connected in (external) "mouseview-" mode. Again, only in the F-18C module. Same goes for TrackIR. It works beautifully in all modules except in the F-18C.

I've done a "repair" and I've uninstalled (and re-installed) the F-18C module but to no avail. I have tried it with VR headset (HP G2) connected and disconnected (in stby mode) but that doesn't make a difference either. Again, everything works fine in all modules except the F-18C.

AMD 5950X, 64GB, Gigabyte RTX3080, nvme SSD (Samsung 980 Pro) and a Logitech Pro X wireless mouse (connected in wired mode). It happens in all the maps, in Single-player and Multiplayer.

Am I missing something?

Edited by chaos
spelling and additional info

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

• ED Team

Try middle mouse button to toggle mouse mode. 

Usually middle mouse button is camera transpose, but it seems the middle mouse button is being used for mouse camera toggle

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for looking into it.

In the "control options" the middle-mouse button is set but doesn't do anything (holding the middle-mouse (-3) button). It also doesn't seem to affect any other module so... there's that...

I am stumped. I can't link the problem to anything. I haven't changed my config or installed or removed any software besides updating DCS itself. It has always functioned correctly before the last update...

I figured it out... kind of.

"If all else fails... use force... if it breaks it needed replacement anyway..."

I've renamed the entire "DCS.openbeta" directory in the "Saved Games" folder so that it would be bypassed upon restarting the game. Upon restarting a new DCS.openbeta folder is created and all my local settings are reset to the default settings. Un- and re-installing the F-18 module doesn't clear out the personal settings for this module and therefor the problem persisted. At least that's how my thinking goes.

Problem fixed.... except now I have to redo all my key-binds. At least I have a working mouse and TrackIR in the F-18. I do wonder what caused the issue in the first place.

P.S. Upon further investigation... In comparing the "old" and "new" DCS.openbeta directories, I have noticed that in the F-18C directory, there were 2 additional directories called "mouse" and "trackir" (as is in every other module directory) that contained actual files whereas in all the other module directories, there are none. These files are named "mouse.diff.lua" and "trackir.diff.ua". It seems these were the culprit and prevented the use of the mouse and trackir in my F-18 module. How these files were created is a question I'd like to have an answer to so I can prevent this from happening again to me or someone else....

Edited by chaos