New player discount + Sale

Hi. Welcome to the forum. The 50% discount is the summer sale. Not sure what you mean by new player discount. The other type of discount is Pre-Release / Early Access and is usually 20%-30% off. You do get points for making purchases which then can be added to a future purchase, even on sale. That's the only way to stack savings on modules. There is a "free to play" period going on as well to try out modules before purchase.

EDIT: I do see "new player discount" mentioned in another thread. Wasn't aware of it and don't know if it would be combined with a sale price. My guess would be no. it would just allow a new player to get a discount without having to wait for a sale. 

Edited by cthulhu68

On 7/5/2021 at 8:29 PM, cthulhu68 said:

Hi. Welcome to the forum. The 50% discount is the summer sale. Not sure what you mean by new player discount. The other type of discount is Pre-Release / Early Access and is usually 20%-30% off. You do get points for making purchases which then can be added to a future purchase, even on sale. That's the only way to stack savings on modules. There is a "free to play" period going on as well to try out modules before purchase.

EDIT: I do see "new player discount" mentioned in another thread. Wasn't aware of it and don't know if it would be combined with a sale price. My guess would be no. it would just allow a new player to get a discount without having to wait for a sale. 

Hi, thank you for your quick reply. I know there were some codes in the past that would give an additional discount (like the GRIMREAPERS code that gave 10% off one of the past sales), so it would be nice if someone from the ED team could reply here😀. Unfortunately, I'm not able to download the game at the moment (maybe this weekend, but I'll see) so I can't check it myself, but it might still be good to know for future sales or other players.

9 hours ago, MBGT Benjamin said:

I had a little time and installed it. The discount is indeed not stackable which is fine because 50% discount on all modules (except campaigns and the Mi-24 Hind) is more than anyone could have asked for.

50% on the Tombat? Strewth - no one has gotten that before I don't think. 

Hmm - with all the new modules I want to buy - is it cheaper for me to buy everything again at 50% discount with a new account... 😄

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Thanks 1

I have to correct myself: Some more modules are excluded from the offer (one of them is the F-14) but I think all of the first party modules (except the Hind and the campaigns) and most of the 3rd party modules (except campaigns) can be bought with the discount.

• 5 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, GryphonGuitar said:

No discount on the Tomcat then? Pity, I was hoping to make that my first purchase. 

if you have a friend that wants it, then you can purchase this pack and save 10 dollars each

https://store.heatblur.com/products/pre-order-dcs-f-14a-b-by-heatblur-simulations-crew-pack-2-licenses

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB