Hi all pilots.
I've been playing DCS for a long time since Lock ON.
The producers are to be congratulated, without a doubt the best simulator.
Yes there is always something to improve as the "flir", a full functional f-15, it's time to get the f-22 which is quite old. It flew for the first time on September 7, 1997.
Let's go to the part that was in doubt.
My radar always worked well my frags were always good until the arrival of f-16 =P
My TWS radar worked perfectly and stealthily as it should. After a while it has been losing the lock, ok the f-16 is small and fast, but it answers me because the radar works perfectly on the JF-17 which are naturally a copy of the f-16.
Playing of course in multiplayer mode.
I don't know if it's server lag it can even be, yesterday I was losing sight at 10~15 mn, from an f-16, I could see it with the naked eye, but my radar couldn't see it right.... strange that the radar is even detecting my aim-120c going to the targets, but when the missile tws link is lost the missile goes in vain....
Some online players told me to set the target size to "large" in s"tores" so that the missile becomes active faster.
But if we're talking about being stealthy, we want the target not to detect our missile too far away from it, we want the missile to practically sneak up to it. (until today I don't know if there's how to configure the missile for this, after time it becomes active and detectable)
Anyone out there to share some kind of radar improvement?

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

Make sure to check your brick fade-out time, it's bugged right now in that it's controlling how long a track file lasts before the radar drops it. Default for the 120 is 4 seconds, so at higher bar scan and azimuth settings, the track might be dropped before the beam updates it again, even though the track should still be valid. Bump the timer up to 8 or 16 seconds and you should see better results.

• Like 2

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

There is any video explannig how to do this? our any tutorial?

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

Hi,

I’ve only been having these A/A non locking problems since 2.7 came along. I’ve just been reading the suggestions in the forum to make it better so I’ll give them a try soon. I just want to say before 2.7 the radar would lock every time whenever I designated a target in RWS or TWS and TWS did all of its prioritising every time too. Now the radar locks only on close targets only on RARE occasions and TWS doesn’t do anything different to RWS.

Edited by Hipshot845

5 hours ago, Chacina said:

There is any video explannig how to do this? our any tutorial?

Here's a brief rundown:

Without a weapon selected, you can adjust the aging timer on the radar by pressing DATA in the bottom-right corner. The current setting will be visible in the top-right corner (in seconds), and can be adjusted by pressing the OSB above it. This will alter the aging timer for the radar while being used for general search.

With an air-to-air weapon selected, the aging timer can be different for each weapon. AIM-7, AIM-9, and AIM-120 each have their own 'weapon profile' for the radar, and selecting each weapon will invoke that weapon profile's settings onto the radar, including the aging timer (which is adjusted the same way as if no weapon was selected). The weapon profile can be adjusted as-needed (bar scan, azimuth, aging timer, PRF setting) and then saved into the computer by using the SET option on the right side of the radar format. The SET option is only available in RWS, since TWS has its own logic for controlling the bar scan and azimuth settings. Having a weapon selected in TWS will ignore the saved bar scan and azimuth, but it will still invoke the saved aging timer setting.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/