Coup d'etat - cant finish the first mission.

dorianR666

I dont get it.

I report detail on the crash site. Vehicle moves into the compound. Im told to create markpoint on the crashsite. While doing that, I get shot at by the manpads and get told to destroy it. I destroy the manpads. Cool, I can now do the markpoint. I do the markpoint.

Nothing happens after that. Im not getting any radio messages. Im circling above and nothing happens.

According to youtube videos, there are supposed to be reinforcements coming and im expected to choose between attack or RTB. This never happens to me.

Very frustrating. What am I doing wrong? Whats the trigger im missing?

BD, for future campaigns, consider adding an F10 command "Current task?" that will give me a simple text message describing what I'm supposed to do at given moment, for people like me :).

With these trigger complicated missions it gets confusing. Or maybe Im just dumb.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

could it be because my wingman keeps crashing into terrain every time? is he supposed to say something?

i now found out i can still RTB and get 52 result, but there is absolutely nothing telling me to RTB and no message after landing (that may be intended).

its like the mission abruptly ends after killing the manpads, nothing is heard or shown afterwards.

hm, i checked the mission triggers and it checks for two cockpit button presses for the markpoint creation, while being in a zone.

i made the markpoint at higher altitude to avoid ground fire, and so i may have been unprecise.

i guess that explains it. still weird about the screenshot though.

6 hours ago, dorianR666 said:

hm, i checked the mission triggers and it checks for two cockpit button presses for the markpoint creation, while being in a zone.

i made the markpoint at higher altitude to avoid ground fire, and so i may have been unprecise.

i guess that explains it.

Be aware the cockpit button triggers may have changed, IIRC a DCS quirk was that to check for say, button 40, you used to test argument 41 (i.e. 40+1).

That seems to have changed, either due to a DCS update or the Mirage rework, and now you use argument 40 for button 40, etc.

I've only looked at/tested the "INS update" training mission in detail (checks for REC and VAL button presses), but it's possible the same is true here and mission trigger(s) need to be updated.

Unfortunately I'm a little busy ATM, so don't have the time to look at the Coup d'etat mission in detail. YMMV.

PCN, etc. button ID's are listed in "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Cockpit\clickabledata.lua"

PCN Button ID's

Spoiler

-- PCN
elements["PTN_570"] = default_button(_("INS PREP Switch"),										devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_570, 570)
elements["PTN_572"] = default_button(_("INS DEST Switch"),										devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_572, 572)
elements["PTN_576"] = default_button(_("Offset Waypoint/Target"),								devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_576, 576)
elements["PTN_578"] = default_button(_("INS Update"),											devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_578, 578)
elements["PTN_580"] = default_button(_("Validate Data Entry"),									devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_580, 580)
elements["PTN_582"] = default_button(_("Mark Position"),										devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_582, 582)
elements["PTN_574"] = default_multiposition_knob(_("INS Parameter Selector"),					devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_574, 574, 11, 0.1, false, 0)
elements["PTN_575"] = default_axis_limited(_("Light Brightnes Control/Test"),					devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_575, 575, 10, 0.5, false, false, {-0.1, 1.0})
elements["PTN_584"] = default_button(_("INS Button 1"),											devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_584, 584)
elements["PTN_585"] = default_button(_("INS Button 2"),											devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_585, 585)
elements["PTN_586"] = default_button(_("INS Button 3"),											devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_586, 586)
elements["PTN_587"] = default_button(_("INS Button 4"),											devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_587, 587)
elements["PTN_588"] = default_button(_("INS Button 5"),											devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_588, 588)
elements["PTN_589"] = default_button(_("INS Button 6"),											devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_589, 589)
elements["PTN_590"] = default_button(_("INS Button 7"),											devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_590, 590)
elements["PTN_591"] = default_button(_("INS Button 8"),											devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_591, 591)
elements["PTN_592"] = default_button(_("INS Button 9"),											devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_592, 592)
elements["PTN_593"] = default_button(_("INS Button 0"),											devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_593, 593)
elements["PTN_594"] = default_button(_("INS Clear Button"),										devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_594, 594)
elements["PTN_596"] = default_button(_("INS ENTER Button"),										devices.PCN_NAV,	device_commands.Button_596, 596)

Edited by Ramsay
Add location of "clickabledata.lua" for button ID's

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

hi, thanks for info. this will be useful for me in future mission making.

the indices are fine, i tested it in editor.

must have been a user error on my part, with making markpoints unprecisely at 9k.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...