Mariana Islands | BENCHMARKS

Steinsch

7 minutes ago, Nealius said:

Man that 1080Ti is struggling to hit 60fps. I always held that card in high regard. 

There are gfx options for a reason. 1440p with MSAAx4 is a brave setting. Besides the cards are tested on different PCs.

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

57 minutes ago, draconus said:

There are gfx options for a reason. 1440p with MSAAx4 is a brave setting. Besides the cards are tested on different PCs.

True, but I don't think it would make any difference if the 1080ti was to be paired with the 9700k. It's already maxed out. Now, with many AI units, that would be a different story. They'd eat CPU cycles, which could starve the GPU and reduce the frame rate.

1 hour ago, Nealius said:

Man that 1080Ti is struggling to hit 60fps. I always held that card in high regard. 

Still a great card at 1080p in DCS!

Steinsch

Flying Virtual F-15s since 1989

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/CommanderSteinsch

I have a fairly fast gaming computer with  " I7-11700K/Z590 AURUS Pro, 32 gigs fast SSD fast and all the tricks of the trade but with a 1080ti. Just loaded the map maxxed out graphics at 1080 at almost threw up.

That said... My nephew who built my system has pretty much the exact specs but he got a 3080 in Atlanta for $2 grand. Not only no but hell no!! I don't see 2 grand worth of difference. Much much better spent on upgrading your proc/mobo, ram, cooling/case, TM pedals, beer, confortable chair, beer, Buttkicker sound to rattle your butt......

A few slides back on the most trees I have ever seen in my life, some details and it is heli friendly. Can't imagine lots of ai or vr but tbo this place isn't really that interesting to me anyways.

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2021 at 8:24 AM, Nealius said:

I haven't a clue how he's getting a 1080 Ti to run Marianas at 50-60 FPS with MSAA at 4x!

I have one, and I'm lucky to get half that with the same settings as him. It sucks.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

On 8/21/2021 at 8:37 AM, Aluminum Donkey said:

I haven't a clue how he's getting a 1080 Ti to run Marianas at 50-60 FPS with MSAA at 4x!

I have one, and I'm lucky to get half that with the same settings as him. It sucks.

AD

Have you done all the usual trouble-shooting?

- deleting shader-folder and rebuild

- latest drivers and updates

- windows tweaks (powermode, gamemode off, backgroundprocesses etc.)

- nvcp settings checked.

- deactivated V-sync !!! (check nvcp v-sync options!)

- running in true fullscreen (alt+enter)

and so on...?

If so, you probably have some other serious bottleneck.

Also make sure, you're comparing apples to apples (regarding aircraft, altitude etc.)

Check mirrors and wake turbulence settings also...

Sometimes there is only a small hickup which keeps the fps locked in the basement....

Edit: Oh, and btw - the 1080 TI is a beast. One of the greatest GPUs ever imho. Regarding it's age, it holds up pretty well!

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 8/21/2021 at 2:37 AM, Aluminum Donkey said:

AD

What about RAM, CPU, and mother board? RAM can have a big difference if there is a lot going like extra AI units. CPU and mother board less so, but still worth checking. Even if you have the exact same system with the exact same software and settings settings, it is still possible to see differences. Good luck.

15 hours ago, Callsign112 said:

What about RAM, CPU, and mother board? RAM can have a big difference if there is a lot going like extra AI units. CPU and mother board less so, but still worth checking. Even if you have the exact same system with the exact same software and settings settings, it is still possible to see differences. Good luck.

I'm just flying the Hornet around with no combat and few other units.

RAM is 16 GB of 3000 MHz 15-15-15-35, two 8 GB modules.

CPU is 4C/4T at 4.5 GHz. Asus Z170 mobo. Wake turbulence and mirrors are off.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

@Aluminum Donkey, I'm not sure but were you going to mention the FPS your getting? As someone else already mentioned, it is important to give coordinates and altitude for comparison. It might be cool if one of the more tech savvy people here started a spreadsheet where everyone could enter system specs/OS, location/altitude, and FPS. 

Edited by Callsign112

On 8/24/2021 at 8:54 AM, Callsign112 said:

@Aluminum Donkey, I'm not sure but were you going to mention the FPS your getting? As someone else already mentioned, it is important to give coordinates and altitude for comparison. It might be cool if one of the more tech savvy people here started a spreadsheet where everyone could enter system specs/OS, location/altitude, and FPS. 

Just flying over the islands in general. Usually the biggest one.

At 4x MSAA, or 1.5 SSAA (but not both) I usually get FPS numbers in the 30s.

Switching SSAA off and using 2x MSAA I get numbers in the 50s, or high 40s low down and near heavily built-up areas. That's pretty nice, but I *really* like the fluid motion at 60 FPS! 🙂

Marianas just has a heck of a lot of trees. They're pretty high-detail objects and, as such, are hard on framerates.

AD

Kit:

5 hours ago, Aluminum Donkey said:

Just flying over the islands in general. Usually the biggest one.

At 4x MSAA, or 1.5 SSAA (but not both) I usually get FPS numbers in the 30s.

Switching SSAA off and using 2x MSAA I get numbers in the 50s, or high 40s low down and near heavily built-up areas. That's pretty nice, but I *really* like the fluid motion at 60 FPS! 🙂

Marianas just has a heck of a lot of trees. They're pretty high-detail objects and, as such, are hard on framerates.

AD

I was trying to be helpful by suggesting possible reasons why someone might get different FPS than you with the same graphics card.

Saying you have a 4core processor isn't saying much. My point was, if both of you have the 1080 Ti, then there is likely a difference somewhere else. Just as an example, the post just before yours by JIMJAM with the Z590 mobo, he has a 800MHz RAM speed advantage over you. That means data moved in and out of RAM by the CPU is switching much faster. The mobo is a common unseen bottle neck for a lot of people. Then he has 32GB of RAM. So twice the memory on a faster mobo.

But I also have 16GB of RAM, and my personal feeling is that it is not enough, especially when I place a lot of AI units in the mission. I am not disagreeing with you, something like DCS is going to be very demanding on a computer system. But what is driving that is the user demand for more graphics detail. I have an RX580, which in my opinion is already obsolete in less than 4 years.

• 3 weeks later...

On 7/6/2021 at 3:56 AM, Steinsch said:

-SNIP-

For those of you who have not tried the map yet, or just curious about what an upgrade could bring to your in-game experience.

Very nice. I am getting exactly the same as your 1080Ti with a 1660Ti in 1080P and 2X MSAA. (specs in sig)

Marianas, Syria and Channel run pretty smooth with only an occasional micro stutter. Caucasus, P Gulf, and Normandy are even better.

I am very happy with this card. I bought it when it was first released  for $279.00

I saw one yesterday on Amazon for $1,499.00. YIKES!!   sz4M0Ns.png

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2021 at 2:48 PM, Nealius said:

Even 2xMSAA knocks me down to 30fps with Vsynch on my 3060 Overclocked 12GB card when trees are in view. On all terrains, not just Marianas. 

I have practically the same rig, I turned my trees down to 30% and to me they look a little more realistic and it runs at 60fps. Apart from the centre of Guam island near the international which is a black hole of fps. 

On 8/21/2021 at 7:37 AM, Aluminum Donkey said:

AD

I’m running 60 fps with vsync on a 3060 at 1080 the only area where is a drop in fps is over Guam airport and the city. Also running MSAA 4 x 

try turning your trees down, I have mine at 30% they don’t pop up because the island is so small