VIVID SYRIA 2 by Barthek

VIVID SYRIA 2 by Barthek

Hello,

I am extremely happy to present to you the second version of my VIVID SYRIA mod. It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words, so please study the following changes I've made to the ground textures. If you enjoy the overall look, as always, you can find the download link and instructions below. 

Enjoy!

TEXTURE COMPARISON:

mxvzMVm.jpg

qFqhnay.jpg

X8fvQ2V.jpg

eSNyjpq.jpg

3r7V3YX.jpg

oHqf5Bk.jpg

IN-GAME SCREENSHOTS:

e8idHBg.jpg

hGGByj5.jpg

ff7GSpU.jpg

K6iQcnt.jpg

OFQZUUt.jpg

INSTALLATION GUIDE:

1. If you're using any terrain mods, please deactivate them to avoid potential complications.

2. Download the MOD in JSGME-ready format from HERE.

3. Unzip the content of this package to your JSGME mods folder within your DCS main folder.

4. Activate the mod in JSGME. 

Happy flying,

Barthek

Edited by Barthek
Updating to version 2.
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 17

VIVID SYRIA by Barthek
Hello,
recently I've been flying a lot using the magnificent Mi-24 module and the Syria map. I thought it would be nice to experiment a bit with the textures by adding more detail and making them more vivid. I didn't want to make the changes too drastic - hence expect nothing fancy. I created the mod within one hour or so. Some examples of the changes:

jBS0JaS.jpg

rvVGN41.jpg

DiO2n7E.jpg

1DMa2VI.jpg

Now, some in-game screenshots:

2rgWZau.jpg

EPcpj9T.jpg

I3KxpaV.jpg

INSTALLATION GUIDE

1. If you're using any terrain mods, please deactivate them to avoid potential complications.

2. Download the MOD in JSGME-ready format from HERE.

3. Unzip the content of this package to your JSGME mods folder within your DCS main folder.

4. Activate the mod in JSGME. 

Happy flying,
Barthek
Thanks Barthek!!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Great job like always, Thanks Barti!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Seems to work with the "Better Trees" and "Better Smoke" mods.  Need more tests.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Barthek, thank you for your work and for sharing :thumbup:

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

1 hour ago, CoBlue said:

Thank you. Great job!

But I get "strange fence square patterns " in some places?

Oups! I should have tested it better. Thanks for the heads up, I'll work on the fix.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi , i am struggling to install jgsme. After several attempts,it was stuck on game snapshot step for unknown limit of time after 60 prcent of completion. Already Follow lots of videos n blogs but get the same issue. How to install your mod manually or any other better tool to use your mod. Thank you. Appreciate ur work and really want to use your mod.

8 hours ago, sastian said:

Hi , i am struggling to install jgsme. After several attempts,it was stuck on game snapshot step for unknown limit of time after 60 prcent of completion. Already Follow lots of videos n blogs but get the same issue. How to install your mod manually or any other better tool to use your mod. Thank you. Appreciate ur work and really want to use your mod.

I find OvGME more simple to use than JSGME, you can manage DCS and Saved Games folders with only one mod folder.

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

10 hours ago, Morpheus said:

I find OvGME more simple to use than JSGME, you can manage DCS and Saved Games folders with only one mod folder.

I am totally lost with ovgme setup videos. Why every one use saved games and main dcs game folder for single mod. Is there any difference that some mod activate i  saved games and somr mod required main dcs folder?? What is the logic behind it. Request to tell me how i can simply add barthek terrian mod file using ovgme. Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, sastian said:

I am totally lost with ovgme setup videos. Why every one use saved games and main dcs game folder for single mod. Is there any difference that some mod activate i  saved games and somr mod required main dcs folder?? What is the logic behind it. Request to tell me how i can simply add barthek terrian mod file using ovgme. Thanks in advance

Some mods require core files to be modified (core files are on main DCS folder), thus, need to use OVgme to install or else everytime DCS updates you lose that mods. That´s one of the reasons.

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

42 minutes ago, sastian said:

Request to tell me how i can simply add barthek terrian mod file using ovgme.

1. Create two folders - one for mods (you put downloaded zips there), one for automated backups (of game files overwritten by a mod). These folders could be located anywhere on your PC.

2. Put Barthek's mod in the first folder. Rename the file from Vivid Syria by Barthek 1.1.zip to Vivid Syria by Barthek.zip

3. Launch OvGME and create a new config. Type in any title, pick your main DCS game folder as the configuration root folder, and finally, point it to two folders for mods and backups you've created earlier. Something like this:

1.png

4. If done correctly, you'll see this. Double click on "Vivid Syria by Barthek" to activate it. That's it.

2.png

If something is still unclear, OvGME has a nice built-in help.

Edited by Minsky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

17 minutes ago, Minsky said:

1. Create two folders - one for mods (you put downloaded zips there), one for automated backups (of game files overwritten by a mod). These folders could be located anywhere on your PC.

2. Put Barthek's mod in the first folder. Rename the file from Vivid Syria by Barthek 1.1.zip to Vivid Syria by Barthek.zip

3. Launch OvGME and create a new config. Type in any title, pick your main DCS game folder as the configuration root folder, and finally, point it to two folders for mods and backups you've created earlier. Something like this:

1.png

4. If done correctly, you'll see this. Double click on "Vivid Syria by Barthek" to activate it. That's it.

2.png

If something is still unclear, OvGME has a nice built-in help.

You can have your mod folder where you want in your pc, like this it's totaly independant from DCS ex: I have F:\DCS World OpenBeta and for my mods F:\Mods, like this for those who have two or more DCS (OB, Release, .......) only one "Mods" folder. 😉

Edited by Morpheus

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...