VIVID SYRIA 2 by Barthek

On 3/6/2022 at 9:49 AM, Stratos said:

I'm bumping this up, the Persian Gulf map crops and forested areas would benefit a lot from the Barthek treatment, same as Syria. Hope he can give it a go.

+1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, the mod leads to a CTD during mission loading with the recent open Beta.

forum.png

2 hours ago, Semor76 said:

Unfortunately, the mod leads to a CTD during mission loading with the recent open Beta.

It's fine here

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I think a previous post mention it causes CTDs, though I don't recall ever having had any issues with the mod. 

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 8:11 PM, inexus said:

I think a previous post mention it causes CTDs, though I don't recall ever having had any issues with the mod. 

Yup, still running this mod with latest OB and no CTD's.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

• 4 weeks later...
  • Barthek changed the title to VIVID SYRIA 2 by Barthek
3 minutes ago, Barthek said:

Hello!

VIVID SYRIA 2 has been released.

The first post has been updated with the download link and some additional screenshots.

Enjoy!

Wow, i was not aware you did this for Syria too! Somehow went under my radar 😄 Will give it a go. Cheers for doing this, i assume it is a heck load of work but definitely a game changer.

Speaking "heck load of work": did you ever consider doing this for NTTR? It really is most in need for some make up i am afraid.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 12:57 PM, Barthek said:

VIVID SYRIA 2 by Barthek

Hello,

I am extremely happy to present to you the second version of my VIVID SYRIA mod. It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words, so please study the following changes I've made to the ground textures. If you enjoy the overall look, as always, you can find the download link and instructions below. 

Enjoy!

TEXTURE COMPARISON:

mxvzMVm.jpg

qFqhnay.jpg

X8fvQ2V.jpg

eSNyjpq.jpg

3r7V3YX.jpg

oHqf5Bk.jpg

IN-GAME SCREENSHOTS:

e8idHBg.jpg

hGGByj5.jpg

ff7GSpU.jpg

K6iQcnt.jpg

OFQZUUt.jpg

INSTALLATION GUIDE:

1. If you're using any terrain mods, please deactivate them to avoid potential complications.

2. Download the MOD in JSGME-ready format from HERE.

3. Unzip the content of this package to your JSGME mods folder within your DCS main folder.

4. Activate the mod in JSGME. 

Happy flying,

Barthek

Amazing work, thank you so much!

41 minutes ago, Razorback said:

Impossible for me to instal with ovGME 🤔

Capture.PNG

I usually unzip the files first, maybe an issue?

• Thanks 1

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

51 minutes ago, Razorback said:

Impossible for me to instal with ovGME 🤔

Capture.PNG

Unzip the file.

Working here as intended.

• Thanks 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.