Turret input method in isometric (3rd person) view randomly changes from joystick to mouse input - why? And how to change back?

darkman222

Here is what happens.

I have bound my joystick to move the turret. And I have a keybind to switch between 1st person view and isometric view. I can change between the two a few times. I can use the mouse to move the turret and the joystick in isometric view. I am not sure when it happens, its not pressing a button on the mouse or moving the mouse, but it changes to mouse input only. For the rest of the time I am in the vehicle I cant use the joystick any more but mouse only.

When I go to the F10 map and take control of another vehicle same happens again after some time.

How can I change between joystick input and mouse. Or better, how do I change it backt to joystick control.

Edited by darkman222

• darkman222 changed the title to Turret input method in isometric (3rd person) view randomly changes from joystick to mouse input - why? And how to change back?

I have an Xbox controller set up for driving vehicals in Combined Arms and yes having trouble controlling the turret in Isometric view. Even the default keybinding Numpad 5 will not rotate the turret back to default.

All of these functions do work in in F1 view just fine.

I like playing Combined arms in 3rd person but alas cannot.

I believe there is a lot to "Fix" or improve in combined arms. Someday.

Numpad 5 will rotate to default. As long as the mouse did not take over control. The thing I dont get is when does the mouse take over and how do I get back control with the joystick except from jumping out and in the vehicle again.

Like I said before, its not moving the mouse or firing with the mouse. It takes over exclusive control at some point I cant determine, and I cant change it back to joystick.

I think thats the idea of isometric view?! Isnt it? The cam is fixed on the aiming cross which is in the center of the view. Thats what it does for me. And that would be fine if it would not disable joystick control... although the mouse control seems stabilized compared to joystick control which is a slight advantage, but the mouse is much less convinient to use compared to the stick.

Edited by darkman222

3 hours ago, darkman222 said:

I think thats the idea of isometric view?! Isnt it? The cam is fixed on the aiming cross which is in the center of the view. Thats what it does for me. And that would be fine if it would not disable joystick control... although the mouse control seems stabilized compared to joystick control which is a slight advantage, but the mouse is much less convinient to use compared to the stick.

I did not say the aiming cross, I said the gun. But I see we have a different problem. Nevermind.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days