Mi-24 Special Tab Option to choose ATGM sight aiming with Mouse or Joystick

Shadow KT

This would be a nice addition, allowing to disable control of the device not chosen, when using the ATGM sight.

Currently, depending on your hardware, there might be interference between your mouse and joystick when trying to aim, leading to the need of increasing your joystick deadzones.

Depending on how bad the jitter in your joystick is, it might render using the sight impossible with a mouse

Edited by Shadow KT
  • Like 2

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

This would be a nice addition, allowing to disable control of the device not chosen, when using the ATGM sight.

Currently, depending on your hardware, there might be interference between your mouse and joystick when trying to aim, leading to the need of increasing your joystick deadzones.

Depending on how bad the jitter in your joystick is, it might render using the sight impossible with a mouse
Hi, interesting. But what do you mean exactly?
You can have different curves/settings for your joystick in the aiming station without affecting the cyclic. (You can disable it all together if you want to of course). Unless I'm missing something, hence my question.
I have "drift" issues when using joystick (not using the same as the cyclic), and always have to counter act the movement. So I'm all for improving the setup.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Hi, interesting. emoji848.png But what do you mean exactly? emoji846.png
You can have different curves/settings for your joystick in the aiming station without affecting the cyclic. (You can disable it all together if you want to of course). Unless I'm missing something, hence my question.
I have "drift" issues when using joystick (not using the same as the cyclic), and always have to counter act the movement. So I'm all for improving the setup. emoji4.png
Cheers!

Currently, you can steer the ATGM sight with mouse and joystick. I can open the sight and steer it with the mouse, grab my joystick, without changing anything and start steering it with my joystick.

Joystick has jitters around center. I don't want to use it as an aiming device, I want it to be disabled. Sometimes when I am aiming with the mouse, the sight will start jumping, because the joystick is creating small inputs arounds its center. 

Why have multiple controls working at the same time, when you can say... hey I want to use either only mouse, only joystick or all enabled.

This is my proposal. Make a special tab option where you can select how to aim.... Mouse, Joystick, All, Other, etc.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

You can actually remove other assignments to slew the sight. They are not under "Mi-24P Sim" but something like "Mi-24P Operator" or "Mi-24P sight" don't exactly remember now. Go there, and from there choose axis assignments, there you should find the sight slewing controls. Unassign the ones you don't want to affect your aim.

• Like 3

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Currently, you can steer the ATGM sight with mouse and joystick. I can open the sight and steer it with the mouse, grab my joystick, without changing anything and start steering it with my joystick.

Joystick has jitters around center. I don't want to use it as an aiming device, I want it to be disabled. Sometimes when I am aiming with the mouse, the sight will start jumping, because the joystick is creating small inputs arounds its center. 

Why have multiple controls working at the same time, when you can say... hey I want to use either only mouse, only joystick or all enabled.

This is my proposal. Make a special tab option where you can select how to aim.... Mouse, Joystick, All, Other, etc.

Like WinterH says. And that was what I was referring to. Under controls settings, choose Mi-24P Aiming Station in the drop down, and just remove all redundant axis.
You can ONLY change axis here.
So, basically, what you're asking for is already there. Very elegant solution if you ask me.
I was hoping you had a trick with the "jittering" in the joystick, I find it better to aim with, just not how it's done.
Cheers!