Scripting function '.outTextForGroup' not working correctly

Wiggy

Hi,

Since 2.7 I've noticed an issue with the built-in function 'trigger.action.outTextForGroup()'.

I have attached a small mission with a very basic script to trigger a message to the group 'P-47D Group 1'.  If you jump in this a/c, let the message appear then switch over to another group, the message will still be on screen. It seems to be functioning to appear for all. I noticed it first in my own server which uses this function to output briefings to individual groups, which now after 2.7, outputs to everyone.

Could you please have a look into this as it's fundamental to my mission briefing design, and worked perfectly previous to 2.7.

Cheers, 

Wiggy

outTextForGroup.miz

Edited by Wiggy

Working as expected. The game doesn't delete messages on your screen if you switch slots. They will display for however long the message was set to display for before being removed. If you pass 1 as the groupId and sit in any other aircraft when the message occurs you won't see it. Likewise if you switch to group 1 after the message was triggered you won't see it. 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum