F/A-18C: Operation Cerberus North

ChillNG

• 4 months later...

Looking forward to this, especially after how much I enjoyed your A10 campaign.  Any updates on when this might get released?  I also saw that the Syria map is getting additional items added to the east, hopefully soon!  Will the timing of that be a factor on when you release your campaign?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shimvolski said:

Looking forward to this, especially after how much I enjoyed your A10 campaign.  Any updates on when this might get released?  I also saw that the Syria map is getting additional items added to the east, hopefully soon!  Will the timing of that be a factor on when you release your campaign?  

Campaign is nearly complete, working on the final mission now.  I'm expecting to submit to ED before the end of November, as for a release date that will be EDs decision, depending on their testing time frame and if they want any tweaks making.  I'm hoping the update to the Syria map won't be an issue, but until we see exactly what's being added I can't say for sure. 

Yea, most campaigns release dates are determined by the release schedule of ED. A good example is Battle for Krasnodar and Zone 5. Both were ready for a while, it just needed to wait for ED's schedule. While I can't say about what I have played in it for you. I can say that Y'all are in for a treat.

Pardon the  slang as I've been tasked with VA in my sort of dialect.

- Fangs Out (VA actor and Closed Beta tester of CN and OPF)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/21/2022 at 8:39 PM, ChillNG said:

Mission 1 available to try here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3321173/

Ok, freshest possible review of Mission 1, I just landed and shut down my jet.

Got a score of 94, I blame my approach for that...don't know the Syria map at all so need to get to know the landmarks.

My thoughts... For a 1st mission of a campaign, it's an amazing start, just the right amount of getting to know the way things are done and getting a feel for the situation. The dialogue is amazing, doesn't feel forced and flows beautifully. The immersion is great! 1hr 30min and not a second of boredom!!

The only issue I had was approaching WP1, lead flew away from me and I had to burn a lot of gas catching up, maybe an additional orbit by lead after the trigger would have been great...I also suck at re-joining so take that with a huge bag of salt.

1) Will I be playing this mission over and over until the release of the campaign? HELL YEAH!

2) Will I buy this campaign the moment it's available? I would buy it yesterday if could!

3) Would I invest the time and money to learn the A10 and F16 to play your other campaigns if I could, HELL YEAH if they are remotely as good as this one mission!

I haven't been this excited for anything DCS since Raven One, and that is a damn high bar to reach, and you have reached that level of stoke! Well done @ChillNG, bloody well done!

Also, just to add, the level of detail in the mission documentation and SPINS, the amount of thought and planning, INCREDIBLE!

• Like 1

Any landing that doesn't require the jaws of life....is a good landing...

13 minutes ago, jibfreeekout said:

Going through Operation Persian Freedom at the moment and having a blast - just purchased Cerberus North to play through when I finish. Looking forward to it!

Thank you!  Hope you enjoy.

1 minute ago, flaashheart said:

Yes! finally.  Grat's on the release, loading up now!

Thank you!  I'm stoked everyone finally get's to play it all, enjoy!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, syzygy said:

I bought the campaign and shows up on my license products, however it doesn't show up in the game. I am using the live build and not the beta build.

From the store page:

Requires DCS World version 2.7.11 or above!

• Thanks 1

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

6 minutes ago, syzygy said:

I bought the campaign and shows up on my license products, however it doesn't show up in the game. I am using the live build and not the beta build.

Hi, thanks for the purchase!  As with all new releases the campaign is just on open beta to start with so you'll either have to wait for the next stable update or switch to open beta.  Let me know if I can be any more help.

• Thanks 1

Hello ChillNG,

Thanks for your work! It's obvious you went all the way with this and it is very much appreciated. I bought it a few days ago and I'm looking forward to it! Just scanning through the very well made docs. Reading through the welcome doc I have a question regarding the following statement:

"... all missions are completable without AAR. Some missions later
in the campaign take place in two parts, with part one ending at the tanker and part two resuming after
AAR takes place. This means the player (and more importantly the AI) will not have to refuel as well as
providing a checkpoint before the action begins. However, should you wish to refuel manually, you're still
able to contact the tanker through the default comms menu and do so."

Question: If we as a player choose to do AAR can we proceed with the mission  without restarting p2?

Thanks!

Wiwa

42 minutes ago, wiwa23 said:

Hello ChillNG,

Thanks for your work! It's obvious you went all the way with this and it is very much appreciated. I bought it a few days ago and I'm looking forward to it! Just scanning through the very well made docs. Reading through the welcome doc I have a question regarding the following statement:

"... all missions are completable without AAR. Some missions later
in the campaign take place in two parts, with part one ending at the tanker and part two resuming after
AAR takes place. This means the player (and more importantly the AI) will not have to refuel as well as
providing a checkpoint before the action begins. However, should you wish to refuel manually, you're still
able to contact the tanker through the default comms menu and do so."

Question: If we as a player choose to do AAR can we proceed with the mission  without restarting p2?

Thanks!

Wiwa

Hi, thanks for the purchase!  No you will always have to exit at the end of part 1 regardless of whether you refuelled or not.  Part 2 is built as a separate mission altogether, there was just no way the AI will refuel reliably so I thought this the most practical solution.  The checkpoint between missions will be appreciated by many as well I think.  Downside is the slightbreak in immersion as you restart but I do as much as possible to configure the cockpit automatically on the restart so hopefully won't be an issue for most.

2 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

Makes sense. Will we have to input bullseye coordinates each time?

Yeah unfortunately, I also added a note to the briefings not to bother with inputting your JDAM target data until part 2.

20 hours ago, ChillNG said:

Hi, thanks for the purchase!  No you will always have to exit at the end of part 1 regardless of whether you refuelled or not.  Part 2 is built as a separate mission altogether, there was just no way the AI will refuel reliably so I thought this the most practical solution.  The checkpoint between missions will be appreciated by many as well I think.  Downside is the slightbreak in immersion as you restart but I do as much as possible to configure the cockpit automatically on the restart so hopefully won't be an issue for most.

Thanks for your reply. I regret these immersion breaking solutions but toally understand why you did it. More due to one of these DCS limitations. It's a shame though, all those incredible cool end complex modules, every year... but missions are still breaking due to core engine issues like AI wingmen not reliable to do stuff like AAR. Anyway, thanks again and I know for sure I'll have fun with your amazing work!

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hi,
The only thing stopping me from buying this campaign: I have to buy the Syriy card as well... maybe at some point when more campaigns of this high quality appear (maybe for the Apache or the Hind or the Mirage 2000C?). Until then, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with Persian Freedom. @GroundPounder SIM Please keep it up and make good campaigns in DCS!

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!