Another win for Fholger

Sr.

I may get more fps but i get worse quality.  I can make the same tradeoff with PD and SS and I seem to get better results.  Maybe its just my subjective view of my personal preferences but I can't get a better perf/quality balance with it than than I'm able to get without it.  Could be I just havnt tried the settings yet though I guess.

That’s not accurate, at 80% crm you get worse performance than 100% crm and  render scale 0.80 under fsr, it’s quite a significant difference. Visual quality looks about the same to me between the two:

Frametime in ms  Delta From Baseline  
Ver FPS GPU CPU GPU CPU  Changes
2.7.5.10869 76.97 11.36 8.27     Baseline 2.7.5.10869 (at 80% CRM)
2.7.5.10869 80.94 10.73 8.39 0.64 -0.12

FSR 1.1 Render scale 0.8, radius 0.75, Steam VR CRM 100%, Sharpening at 0.0

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

On 8/22/2021 at 1:21 AM, davidp57 said:

and setting it to more than 1.0 is pretty useless, or maybe even detrimental.

But please correct me, I may be wrong.

from the docs:

"If >1, the game will render at its "native" resolution, and afterwards the
 image is upscaled to a higher resolution as per the given value."

With a >1 value I'm using the FSR magic for better clarity. Probably not much different than if I upped the pixel density or steam supersampling some.

Ahhhh, interesting, thank you for this information !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

You likely need to reinstall the mod at a minimum

Yup need to re-paste/install the openvr.api.dll from FSR 1.1.  The patch has copied in the original version.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

Something is different after today's patch. Text/ instruments are clearer, much better to read. Also planes parked next to mine on the flight deck seem to be sharper, with sharper textures.

Framerate seems to be same or even slightly better, just head movement seems to be a tiny bit choppier. All this is subjective for I didn't have a frame rate counter on.

I am playing on the absolutely most min spec GFX card possible, so every frame I get counts. 🙂  But at this point I'm not even sure I'd want to reinstall FSR again.

But then again, since starting this VR adventure, I have tweaked and fiddled around with so many settings that I can't possibly remember what exactly got me to this point of relative enjoyable playability. 

Edited by Jayhawk1971

1 hour ago, speed-of-heat said:

You likely need to reinstall the mod at a minimum

Yes, I disabled all my mods before I installed the patch, then reenabled them. There appears to be no change for me either way.

If no one else is experiencing this then it's obviously something else on my end that I am missing.

Is this still working after today's release?

My frame time has doubled and I see no difference with the mod installed or not.
That's where a mod manager will help

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

18 minutes ago, zildac said:

That's where a mod manager will help emoji1303.png

Agreed. I already use OvGME and have not had any problem before today. 

I can see the correct files installed or uninstalled in the bin folder when enabling or disabling the mod , I just don't see any change in frametimes or visual details like I have every other time previously.

On 9/17/2021 at 11:04 PM, Cab said:

Agreed. I already use OvGME and have not had any problem before today. 

I can see the correct files installed or uninstalled in the bin folder when enabling or disabling the mod , I just don't see any change in frametimes or visual details like I have every other time previously.

Have you tried clearing out fxo and metashaders2 and allowing them to rebuild again? Definately slows me down if I don't do this with a DCS update.

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

3 minutes ago, ShaunX said:

Have you tried clearing out fxo and metashaders2 and allowing them to rebuild again? Definately slows me down if I don't do this with a DCS update.

Pretty sure that the game does this automatically now when it updates.

1 minute ago, FoxTwo said:

Pretty sure that the game does this automatically now when it updates.

..even when you reinstall mods like Kegetys and some of Mustangs ?

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

10 minutes ago, ShaunX said:

..even when you reinstall mods like Kegetys and some of Mustangs ?

No just when you update the game version. I mean if you don't run the game without the mods then you wouldn't need to clear them manually since when you first run after an update it recompiles them all anyway.

23 minutes ago, ShaunX said:

Yes, I did that too.

BLUF: I fixed the issue.

The interesting thing is I tried the previous three versions and they all worked, but the current version still would not. On a whim I deleted the two files from the current version in my OvGME mods folder and reinstalled them from the original .zip file. Wouldn't you know it, that fixed the problem. 

The clear answer is the problem was with me but for the life of me I don't know what caused it. I'm only happy it's fixed.

Edited by Cab
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, FoxTwo said:

No just when you update the game version. I mean if you don't run the game without the mods then you wouldn't need to clear them manually since when you first run after an update it recompiles them all anyway.

Sorry, I'm confusing things.

I always run with Kegetys and a couple of Mustangs mods for VR performance, so when I update the game I remove them first via OvGME, update the game, reinstall the mods and run the game. It then takes ages to rebuild the shaders for each terrain and resource specifically for kegetys.

What I've noticed however, is if I don't clear fxo and metashader2 before that I gain GPU and CPU frametime. It may be soimething specific to shaders for Kegetys and Mustangs.

If I then clear those folders and rerun the game, frametimes are restored when the shaders rebuild.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 7:10 AM, Sr. said:

Think I've found my sweet spot: Awesome visual and performance.

Open fsr alpha 1.2

DCS PD 1.0

SVRSS  90 (100 starts producing light screen door) 90 still very clear

SVR motion smoothing enabled

OpenVR_mod.cfg

{
  "fsr": {
    // enable AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution
    "enabled": true,

// Per-dimension render scale. If <1, will lower the game's render resolution
    // accordingly and afterwards upscale to the "native" resolution set in SteamVR.
    // If >1, the game will render at its "native" resolution, and afterwards the
    // image is upscaled to a higher resolution as per the given value.
    // If =1, effectively disables upsampling, but you'll still get the sharpening stage.
    // AMD presets:
    //   Ultra Quality => 0.77
    //   Quality       => 0.67
    //   Balanced      => 0.59
    //   Performance   => 0.50
    "renderScale": 0.77,

// tune sharpness
    "sharpness": 0.90
  }
}

ReShade Preset

PreprocessorDefinitions=
Techniques=VRSharpenColor@VR_CAS_Color.fx
TechniqueSorting=VRSharpenColor@VR_CAS_Color.fx

[VR_CAS_Color.fx]
Brightness=1.000000
CASContrast=0.500000
Contrast=1.000000
MaxDelta=1.000000
Saturation=1.000000
Sharpening=1.000000

fpsVR report from about 10+ minute flight through Caucuses, decent cloud layer on ultra.

I don't really know what any of this means, but I'm happy with it. 😄

fpsVR Report:
App: DCS HMD: HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset G20 (90.000 Hz, IPD 61.0)
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT (27.20.22001.14011, Tavg 73.7, Tmax 81) CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor (Tavg 59.8, Tmax 73)
Delivered fps: 47.4  Duration: 17.7min. Headset was active: 62%
GPU Frametimes:
Median: 17 ms
99th percentile: 22.2 ms
99.9th percentile: >30 ms
frametime <11.1ms(vsync): 13.1%
CPU frametime:
Median: 8.6 ms
99th percentile: 15.4 ms
99.9th percentile: 29.6 ms
frametime <11.1ms(vsync): 85.6%
Reprojection Ratio: 31.6% (for Index/Vive/VivePro headsets only)
Dropped frames: 21 or 0.0% (for Index/Vive/VivePro headsets only)
Max. SteamVR SS: 100%
Render resolution per eye: 3152x3092(by SteamVR settings, Max.) (HMD driver recommended: 3154x3092)

DCS options.PNG

Are you still using this set-up.   And, just curious why not use Vsync?

Thanks.

Image36.jpg

18 hours ago, MVS-Viper said:

Are you still using this set-up.   And, just curious why not use Vsync?

Thanks.

Yes... though I haven't played at all for a couple months.

Just got a little burned out and I've been busy restoring an old Jeep. But I'll be back soon as the Apache and/or Vulkan go live.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Yes... though I haven't played at all for a couple months.

Just got a little burned out and I've been busy restoring an old Jeep. But I'll be back soon as the Apache and/or Vulkan go live.
No Vulkan this year.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

• 2 weeks later...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

4 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

On 10/24/2021 at 2:26 PM, speed-of-heat said:

I can actually see the FSR radius this time around.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

I hopefully will get a chance to fly with it tomorrow evening