Another win for Fholger

Sr.

On 11/21/2021 at 9:19 PM, Supmua said:

Yep control panel, and it crashed my Vive console and SteamVR and had to be disabled.  When it's on if you have PC icon on the desktop it will display NIS on top of the icon, which is neat.  The on-screen fonts became jagged right away at default sharpening on 4K TV, had to reduce sharpening to 0.25 in the control panel for texts to look near normal.  Of course it doesn't work with my VR, but in 2D games I did gain some FPS while retaining mostly the same picture quality. 

VR is another story because the screen is right next to my eyes, any type of artifacts are easily seen.

I'm already rendering around 6K resolution (3000x3000 pixels per panel) on my headset can't go any higher than this because framerate suffers.  The thing about the Vive Pro 2 is that it produces great images at 2:1 reprojection but at 3:1 there are more image retention artifacts so I'm trying to avoid this at all cost.

I am keen to try the reshade VR , have avoided up until now for fear of getting sucked into the rabbit hole of VR tweaking again ( been flying mostly 2D for squad stuff recently, but will be using VR again for the apache when released) There are various threads and versions of different plug ins etc as far a sI can see, please could someone save me some time and headaches and point me in the direction of a simple install guide and link to reshade VR please? It looks like Supmua who has a similar set up to me reckons its best just trying that. Thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

16 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

I am keen to try the reshade VR , have avoided up until now for fear of getting sucked into the rabbit hole of VR tweaking again ( been flying mostly 2D for squad stuff recently, but will be using VR again for the apache when released) There are various threads and versions of different plug ins etc as far a sI can see, please could someone save me some time and headaches and point me in the direction of a simple install guide and link to reshade VR please? It looks like Supmua who has a similar set up to me reckons its best just trying that. Thanks

The manual way

Download the zip file from here:

https://github.com/fholger/reshade/releases/tag/openvr_alpha2

Extract the zip file to your DCS installation\bin folder (not the Saved Games one)

To tweak it edit the reshade.ini file in the DCS installation\bin folder

Not sure if you can use OvGME or other tools to install and uninstall it but otherwise to remove just find the files and folders in the zip file and delete them manually from the bin folder.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Rehade…best image quality yes, best fps no (you sacrifice around 0.5 ms).  As Baldrick33 said, just unzip and drag and drop the files it is very simple.  You don’t even need to mess around with it the .ini as the default setting is good enough (although there are options to tweak saturation, brightness, contrast, color correction, etc. which is very useful if you are the type that would do that with your TV/monitor).  Use END key in game to enable/disable the effect in real-time and look at the ground detail while doing this, HOME key to bring up setting (only in desktop view).  Motion compensation should be on to eliminate blurring on ground objects, note that MC will increase frametime by 1-2 ms on the Vive Pro 2 but the end results will speak for itself especially when you fly in detailed maps such as Marianas.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

32 minutes ago, Supmua said:

Rehade…best image quality yes, best fps no (you sacrifice around 0.5 ms).  As Baldrick33 said, just unzip and drag and drop the files it is very simple.  You don’t even need to mess around with it the .ini as the default setting is good enough (although there are options to tweak saturation, brightness, contrast, color correction, etc. which is very useful if you are the type that would do that with your TV/monitor).  Use END key in game to enable/disable the effect in real-time and look at the ground detail while doing this, HOME key to bring up setting (only in desktop view).  Motion compensation should be on to eliminate blurring on ground objects, note that MC will increase frametime by 1-2 ms on the Vive Pro 2 but the end results will speak for itself especially when you fly in detailed maps such as Marianas.

It does also work perfectly well with OvGME

Agreed on the .5 ms sacrifice. With 2.7.8 I claw that back with FSR (With FSR sharpening set to 0 and let Reshade do the sharpening)

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

7 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

Start here. 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

5 hours ago, dureiken said:

When i use FSR, even on 0.9 with no sharpening, I win some fps but lfd in f16 are clearly less usable.

Have you tried either of these mods?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309263/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306470/

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

1 hour ago, dureiken said:

I will tomorrow, do you use them ? thanks

Yes, I use them both.

--Arthur C Clark

1 hour ago, dureiken said:

ok thanks, when I want to use them with ovgme, it says that they use same files. do you overpass that ? thanks

Funny you mention that. When I just unloaded/reloaded mine I didn't get the overlap message, but I notice one of them never actually unloaded.

I'll see if I can figure out why.

Sorry... I'm mistaken, the 2 I'm running are named:

F-16C MFD font vr readability and F-16C Display Readability (this one should change the MFD font to green)

F-16C_Display_Readability.zip

Edited by Sr.

--Arthur C Clark

thanks for the tips!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 4 weeks later...

Updated 

https://github.com/fholger/openvr_fsr/releases/tag/fsr_v2.1

looks to be mostly QOL improvements 

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

4 hours ago, Roller25 said:

That new version tanks my fps.. returning to previous version returns good fps...

Literally no appreciable difference one way or the other on mine ( a 0.03ms determinant in CPU frame time which is run time variance)  .. are you sure you didnt just install the files in the wrong place ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

7 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

Literally no appreciable difference one way or the other on mine ( a 0.03ms determinant in CPU frame time which is run time variance)  .. are you sure you didnt just install the files in the wrong place ?

Hmm, I'll try again. I installed it the same way as the other version through OVGME.

11 minutes ago, Roller25 said:

Hmm, I'll try again. I installed it the same way as the other version through OVGME.

check the directory structure the download is generic, so it is not designed by default for DCS, you have to path it correctly to the DCS\bin directory 

1 hour ago, speed-of-heat said:

check the directory structure the download is generic, so it is not designed by default for DCS, you have to path it correctly to the DCS\bin directory 

Yep. I'm pretty sure that is the issue. It just occurred to me not long after posting here. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have been using this mod since a few weeks and iam liking the performance upgrade and sharper visuals.

Since the last update when changing views im getting a pink filter with only a inner circle without the pink filter. 

Does this sound familiar and is there a fix?

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 5600x - RTX3070 - 32GB Ram - HP Reverb G2 - Warthog HOTAS - VKB rudder pedals

12 minutes ago, RvL said:

Have been using this mod since a few weeks and iam liking the performance upgrade and sharper visuals.

Since the last update when changing views im getting a pink filter with only a inner circle without the pink filter. 

Does this sound familiar and is there a fix?

Yup. In your openvr_mod.cfg file in the bin folder, under the "hotkeys" section, set enabled to false. More on this in the readme in the patch zip file.

i9-13900k (stock), ASUS TUF 4090 OC, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, Corsair Vengeance Black 64GB 5200MHz DDR5, 1 x 1TB WD_BLACK SN850x GEN4 NVMe, 1 x 2TB WD_BLACK SN850x GEN4 NVMe, 1 x SanDisk SSD PLUS 1 TB SATA III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD, Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1650W PCIe GEN 5.0 ATX3.0 PSU, Corsair AIO iLink cooler, Corsair Graphite 780t Full Tower ATX Case (White), Meta Quest Pro VR headset, Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 49" UltraWide Dual Quad HD 240Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, Thrustmaster Viper Mission Pack, Thrustmaster Cougar F-16 throttle, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Thrustmaster F-18 stick, Thrustmaster TPR rudder, Winwing ICP, Edifer e25HD Luna HD speakers. 1 Gbps uplink and downlink FTTP. Windows 11. Hot tub, hot wife. Living the dream!