Another win for Fholger

Sr.

Ah, I copied it over and it all worked 🙂

The zip file doesn't contain openvr_api.dll though or are you talking about copying back the original DCS openvr_api.dll if you were using the original openvrfsr?

edit: Apologies, I'm getting confused with fholgers reshade mod. I renamed the shader mod dxgi.dlls to d3d.dll so it can be run alongside vrperfkit which also uses the dxgi.dll.

Edited by edmuss

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

2 hours ago, edmuss said:

Ah, I copied it over and it all worked 🙂

The zip file doesn't contain openvr_api.dll though or are you talking about copying back the original DCS openvr_api.dll if you were using the original openvrfsr?

edit: Apologies, I'm getting confused with fholgers reshade mod. I renamed the shader mod dxgi.dlls to d3d.dll so it can be run alongside vrperfkit which also uses the dxgi.dll.

I renamed a file to d3d11.dll per the instructions(https://github.com/fholger/vrperfkit/issues/9)

Am not sure if it will work with d3d.dll?

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

17 minutes ago, Ready said:

I renamed a file to d3d11.dll per the instructions(https://github.com/fholger/vrperfkit/issues/9)

Am not sure if it will work with d3d.dll?

You're right, it was renamed to d3d11.dll as per the instructions, I'm having a right brainfart day today and not remembering what's on my machine at home 😄

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

2 hours ago, edmuss said:

You're right, it was renamed to d3d11.dll as per the instructions

Don't you only need to rename dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll if you're also using another dxgi.dll?  I'm using DCS's original version of openvr_api.dll.

24 minutes ago, tanr said:

Don't you only need to rename dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll if you're also using another dxgi.dll?  I'm using DCS's original version of openvr_api.dll.

Correct, otherwise not.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

LOL.... Ok.... Now confusion is perfect!!!🤣

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

It’s pretty straightforward,  if you are just using vrperfkit, you don’t need to do anything.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Got vrperfkit to work with DCS finally.  Still not sure what the problem was, but replacing the .yml config file with the original .yml config file got it working.

Weird thing is that doing a text diff of the two config files, the only difference shown was sharpness being set to 0.8 instead of 0.7.  Maybe some invisible character?

18 minutes ago, tanr said:

Got vrperfkit to work with DCS finally.  Still not sure what the problem was, but replacing the .yml config file with the original .yml config file got it working.

Weird thing is that doing a text diff of the two config files, the only difference shown was sharpness being set to 0.8 instead of 0.7.  Maybe some invisible character?

Possibly a TAB or CRLF or similar...at least it's sorted now.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

So, what's the latest consensus?

• OpenVR + Reshade
  • OpenVR + 3Dmigato
  • VRPK + Reshade
  • VRPK + 3DM

insert your choice of shader mod __________________ I'm using Simplex

Assuming VRPK and Reshade, which mod to use d3d11.dll and which for renaming to dxgi.dll? If it matters.

Also, can anyone confirm whether VRPK works better with the DCS default openvr_api.dll or the one from the OFSR archive?

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

18 minutes ago, Sr. said:

So, what's the latest consensus?

• OpenVR + Reshade
  • OpenVR + 3Dmigato
  • VRPK + Reshade
  • VRPK + 3DM

insert your choice of shader mod __________________ I'm using Simplex

Assuming VRPK and Reshade, which mod to use d3d11.dll and which for renaming to dxgi.dll? If it matters.

Also, can anyone confirm whether VRPK works better with the DCS default openvr_api.dll or the one from the OFSR archive?

Until ED fixes cluster bomb issue, for me it's

OpenVR + ReShade 4.9 + 3DMigoto + Simplex

I use modified original Kegety's than Simplex but pretty much same thing.  If ED fixes cluster bomb, I may drop 3DMigoto and go back to full Kegety's as overall it takes away performance.

And I will hold off on ReShade 5.0 until many of the shaders are updated.

NIS or FSR is Nvidia and AMD algorithm.  fholger basically enables it for VR and he does add some features of his own with VRPK but I don't see much benefit.

Edited by Taz1004

8 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

I use modified original Kegety's than Simplex but pretty much same thing.  If ED fixes cluster bomb, I may drop 3DMigoto as overall it takes away performance.

NIS or FSR is Nvidia and AMD algorithm.  fholger basically enables it for VR and he does add some features of his own with VRPK but I don't see much benefit.

VRPK (+ forked foveated) + ReShade 4.9 + VR shaders 2.7.9.17830 (Taz version IC pass). I hope ED sorts out the GBU issue soon. I renamed the VRPK .dll

Edited by Ready

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

15 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

I use modified original Kegety's than Simplex but pretty much same thing.  If ED fixes cluster bomb, I may drop 3DMigoto and go back to full Kegety's as overall it takes away performance.

Tried ReShade 5.0 last night.

I like that they've added a settings panel that is displayed in the HMD via SVR screen. Though, I'm not sure if I installed it correctly, as I could not tell if the effect would toggle off and on using END and pressing HOME would still bring up the 2D settings GUI, which would show the effects disabled or enabled, but it wouldn't go from blurry to clear on screen like I'm used to seeing.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

1 minute ago, Sr. said:

Tried ReShade 5.0 last night.

I like that they've added a settings panel that is displayed in the HMD via SVR screen. Though, I'm not sure if I installed it correctly, as I could not tell if the effect would toggle off and on using END and pressing HOME would still bring up the 2D settings GUI, which would show the effects disabled or enabled, but it wouldn't go from blurry to clear on screen like I'm used to seeing.

Those keys don't appear to work for the HMD image anymore, even if set in the .ini. You can toggle them in the shader list, but yeah, it's a bit of a pain. My posts further up cover the same finding.

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

15 hours ago, Ready said:

VRPK (+ forked foveated) + ReShade 4.9 + VR shaders 2.7.9.17830 (Taz version IC pass). I hope ED sorts out the GBU issue soon. I renamed the VRPK .dll

Are you using the default openvr_api.dll or the one that came with OpenFSR?  I thought I had read to reload the games original.

--Arthur C Clark

1 hour ago, Sr. said:

Are you using the default openvr_api.dll or the one that came with OpenFSR?  I thought I had read to reload the games original.

Openvr_api_dll has been deprecated in VRPK it's now using dxgi.dll as its shim (so the original version of openvr_api_dll  file from the DCS build needs to be in place). Which means if you want to use any version of Reshade and VRPK you need to rename one of the clashing dlls to d3d11.dll. I have the VRPK dll renamed to d3d11.dll and have left the Reshade5 dll as default (dxgi.dll) HTH.

Edited by zildac

1 hour ago, zildac said:

Openvr_api_dll has been deprecated in VRPK it's now using dxgi.dll as its shim (so the original version of openvr_api_dll  file from the DCS build needs to be in place). Which means if you want to use any version of Reshade and VRPK you need to rename one of the clashing dlls to d3d11.dll. I have the VRPK dll renamed to d3d11.dll and have left the Reshade5 dll as default (dxgi.dll) HTH.

Awesome,Thanks

• Like 1

--Arthur C Clark

I have transitioned from opervr_fsr to vrprefkit. I would say the graphics of vrprefkit is not as good as openvr_fsr... Even I turned up the render scale to 0.9 and msaa 4x, the edges are driving me crazy. Am I the only one who finds this? 

Screen_220206_013823.png

Just do it but Reshade only load in 2d, on VR it seems not (no writing recap on top bar nor any changes if I use the keybind to open Reshade screen or activate /deactivate it).
Is it normal? I leave vrperfkit dll default name and change the Reshade one.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Hunter Joker said:

Just do it but Reshade only load in 2d, on VR it seems not (no writing recap on top bar nor any changes if I use the keybind to open Reshade screen or activate /deactivate it).
Is it normal? I leave vrperfkit dll default name and change the Reshade one.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

in the documentation it explains that in VR the menu is accessed via the steam vr overlay ...

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, speed-of-heat said:

in the documentation it explains that in VR the menu is accessed via the steam vr overlay ...

Is that just for v5?

--Arthur C Clark