VSN F/A-18D Hornet with F/A-18C Cockpit

Go to solution Solved by josh-109,

Hello DCS Pilots. Welcome to the VSN F/A-18D that is using the F/A-18C Cockpit and EFM/Sounds.

This does not affect the C Model At all. You can fly both!!!

The VSN Textures have been redone by Strider32

Liveries included are just RAAF Skins that all of them have been done from scratch a lot of detail has been added. Made by Strider32, Josh-109

To get this Mod to work you will need The F/A-18C Module, and JSGME.

-----------------------------------------------------

F/A-18D v10 Change log (21/02/2024)

Updated to work with CJS 2.2.5

Added 2 downloadable Links, File 1, is the mod it self just the C,D..... File 2 is combatable with the CJS mod, C,D,E,F,G. Both mods must be Running/Installed at the same time otherwise the hornet fleet will only work as a AI Aircraft

Compatible with CJS SuperBug V2.2.5 "CJS SuperBug must be installed FIRST!!! As the F/A-18D Mod update's 2 entry.lua files to allow it to be compatible with CJS SuperBug it should look like this pic below"

Untitled.jpg

F/A-18D v9.4 Change log (22/10/2023)

Updated to work with the latest DCS Open Beta Patch 2.9>>>

Added in the data link stuff

Added 2 downloadable Links, File 1, is the mod it self just the C,D..... File 2 is combatable with the CJS mod, C,D,E,F,G. Both mods must be Running/Installed at the same time otherwise the hornet fleet will only work as a AI Aircraft

F/A-18D v9.3 Change log (25/07/2023)

Updated to the latest DCS Open beta patch

F/A-18D v9.2 Change log (23/02/2023)

Updated: To work with the Mini Update to the CJS SuperBug Mod

F/A-18D v9.1 Change log

Corrected: Max Internal Fuel

F/A-18D v9 Change log

Added: Full DCS F/A-18C Hornet Sounds for cockpit and out side

Added: SRS Compatible

F/A-18D v8 Change Log

Added: F/A-18C Gun Sparks

F/A-18D v7.5 Change Log

Added: ADM-141A

F/A-18D v7 Change Log

--FA-18D Model Updated, Massive Thank you to cdpkobra
-Now can take off from Carrier and Land!!!!!!!!!!
-Fixed speed brake not showing
-Ground stance updated
-Fixed canopy up mask showing

v10 Mod Link1: Mod on its own: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VQhR0-zBJcA-IezClmrq0UGU_TfmX8hJ/view?usp=sharing

v10 Mod Link2: Mod combatable with the CJS mod: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B8mq22K_7XMllt9M6StyzUoyeUd7o2k1/view?usp=sharing

SRS Fix for FA-18D "will work with IDF F-16, CJS FA-18E,F,G"

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13vS3Vi6XehYDaA-1sx6A0kuJK7XGikCn/view?usp=share_link

My VMFA-232 'Red Devils' Skin: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3324714/

RAAF Pack: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3328354/

Repaints are:

CF-18D, USN, Malasian, Spain and Swiss

All Repaints: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/157R2gfh53t2wtl_BMJzxZ9sVqeP3Jgqp?usp=sharing

Strider32 F/A-18D Template: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1addVDeKfZgzSwIrN1wcWzTsvbzvMxIoZ?usp=sharing

How to Install

1: Unzip the FA-18D.rar

2: Cope file to your JSGME _MODS Folder.    OR you can copy it straight in to your main DCS game Folder but I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT!!!! as when the game updates it will kill the Mod

Known Issues,

1. If flying with minors you will see two glass cockpit model

I would like to point out that I did not make the model just edit .lua files. Model is from the VSN Team

and the original Textures. Cockpit is the DCS F/A-18C. I don't want to take credit from other Teams. Just want to make DCS more enjoyable with others.

Screen_210603_205027.png

Screen_210627_235555.png

Screen_210628_000003.png

Untitled.jpg

Edited by josh-109
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hi great mod...love it, I need help with some liveries. created the Royal Malaysian Air Force variant, but I'm having issues with painting the pylons and fuel tanks. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Known Issues,

1. Will not have full F/A-18C sounds like engines or any kind of APU sounds and out side sounds

Wouldn't this actually make the whole module pointless if there's no sounds at all? or is this still using the VSN sounds inside and out?

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

7 hours ago, Oban said:

Known Issues,

1. Will not have full F/A-18C sounds like engines or any kind of APU sounds and out side sounds

Wouldn't this actually make the whole module pointless if there's no sounds at all? or is this still using the VSN sounds inside and out?

There are normal jet sounds like FC3 jet sound. What dcs have given the C model they encrypt there sounds so moders can not piggy back off but it has sounds just not the C model sound files

Edited by josh-109
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, anooos said:

Hi great mod...love it, I need help with some liveries. created the Royal Malaysian Air Force variant, but I'm having issues with painting the pylons and fuel tanks. any help would be greatly appreciated.

The file for the pylons is located in the Textures folder, named FA-18D_PTB. Regrading the fuel tanks, this mod uses the same fuel tanks as the DCS F/A-18C.

My Liveries

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Strider32/apply/

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.0 GHz NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB 8GB DDR4 x2 Kingston 256GB SSD (OS Installed) Crucial BX500 1TB SSD (DCS World Installed) Toshiba 1TB HDD Windows 10 64bit LG 27" 75Hz Monitor TM Warthog w/VIRPIL WarBRD Base Saitek Pro Flight Pedals Track IR

2 hours ago, Strider32 said:

The file for the pylons is located in the Textures folder, named FA-18D_PTB. Regrading the fuel tanks, this mod uses the same fuel tanks as the DCS F/A-18C.

Thank you. I tried loading the FA-18D_PTB texture file on Gimp, It wouldn't let me unsupported. So i took it from the original VSN_F-18D, but still having issues with the pylon.

18 hours ago, VPS_SPIT said:

Screen_210710_173308.png

Nice one VPS_SPIT, can you please share your skin?

Thank you

Viele Grüsse!

• Like 1

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

Is there any way to make this aircraft capable of catching wires on the Aircraft carrier? Even with the hook down it won't catch any, despite flying the ball to perfection. Yes, I saw in the known bugs that this may be an issue, but is there any way for the mod author to do something about this?

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Si45 said:

Hi I’m trying to get this to work does it go straight into dcs main root installation,I’m using jsgme, I already have a vsn hornet mod, do I need to delete it.

yeah delete the other vsn fa-18d. you can hard install it. but when dcs has any up dates you will have to reinstall the mod again

25 minutes ago, Si45 said:

Have you got to have the hornet module to use this

Yes

1 hour ago, Tank50us said:

So, why does it need JSGME? If I can have both my normal C, and the D, wouldn't that mean that I can just drop it in the DCS Mods folder that's in my Saved Games (Steam user)?

no