VSN F/A-18D Hornet with F/A-18C Cockpit

Go to solution Solved by josh-109,

On 8/5/2021 at 1:49 AM, Tank50us said:

Could you please explain why this is the case?

Because the mod has to use the F/A-18.dll file from the ED F/A-18C in order to use the cockpit and flight model. You can’t copy it because it will disable both modules. It’s also encrypted so it can’t be edited either.

My Liveries

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Strider32/apply/

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.0 GHz NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB 8GB DDR4 x2 Kingston 256GB SSD (OS Installed) Crucial BX500 1TB SSD (DCS World Installed) Toshiba 1TB HDD Windows 10 64bit LG 27" 75Hz Monitor TM Warthog w/VIRPIL WarBRD Base Saitek Pro Flight Pedals Track IR

• 4 weeks later...

does this till work?

I tried both JGSME and OVGME, neither of them could get the aircraft to show/replace the F18C

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

It doesn't show as either AI for me, tried using JGSME as directed in the OP, didn't show up in my list of aircraft.

Tried OVGME.. same as above..

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

sure thing.

I have it set up the exact same was as I have the CJS superbug and the lahak/IDF F16I Sufa mods

F:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\_OVGME_MODS\FA-18D Hornet

Run OVGME and select the F18D, check the ME and zero changes

as an alternative for JGSME I have it this way :

F:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\_MODS\FA-18D Hornet

Run JGSME and again.. no joy.

If I run either the Superbug, or the Sufa it works fine, these are seen in the ME.

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

I used OVGME to install on my computer also.  I had issues getting it to load so I opened up the zip and extracted the FA18d folder.  I placed that folder in my Ovgme folder enabled and it worked.  Please note that my OVGME folder is in my saved games directory and not the DCS open beta directory

seabat

15 minutes ago, seabat said:

I used OVGME to install on my computer also.  I had issues getting it to load so I opened up the zip and extracted the FA18d folder.  I placed that folder in my Ovgme folder enabled and it worked.  Please note that my OVGME folder is in my saved games directory and not the DCS open beta directory

seabat

Yeah, I did the same, and also tried the folder in my saved games, and still no joy.

I will maybe try and set up a different _Mods folder and see if I can get it to work... okay, I clicked on the little "historic clock" and it's shown up.

All good now

Edited by Oban

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2021 at 2:17 PM, Bones1775 said:

Screen_210708_135336.png

Screen_210708_135347.png

Screen_210708_135356.png

Bones, is this livery available for download?  I served in 533 in the early 90s.  I was part of the HIT (Hornet Introduction Team) at Cherry Point to transition 533 from the A-6s to the deltas, then I was transferred to 533.  After getting there, we moved down to Beaufort.  Did you serve with them?

Edited by Chewmann

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are there any coding wizards out there who might be able to take a look at the catapult bouncing behavior and tail hook not catching wires? The AI has no issues so that seems to be a glimmer of hope. I understand these have always been issues but I’d happily compensate for someone’s time. 🙂

Edited by roobarbjapan

On 2/21/2022 at 2:40 PM, roobarbjapan said:

Are there any coding wizards out there who might be able to take a look at the catapult bouncing behavior and tail hook not catching wires? The AI has no issues so that seems to be a glimmer of hope. I understand these have always been issues but I’d happily compensate for someone’s time. 🙂

i would love for someone to fix it but i think the only people that can fix it is VSN mod team as i believe it is the Collision.edm file that needs to be fixed as to get the mod to work i have to use the DCS F/A-18C_Collision.edm file to get the aircraft on the ground and not fall in it.

• Thanks 1

One day i was messing around and i put the Hornet cockpit in the VSN F-35's and with the C we can fold wings and drop hook but cant land/take off from carrier the B just fly's like a A would would yous be keen on that or nah hahaha keep in mind it fly's just like the hornet and same as how much fuel but you can put a fuel tank on but i hid it so u cant see it on the aircraft and yes nose gear does sit in the ground a bit.

Screen_211226_224657.png

Screen_211226_224719.jpg

Edited by josh-109
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 10:40 PM, roobarbjapan said:

It's a mis-match between the coordinates set in the LUA for the Visual External Model and the Collision Model used.

• Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hi@SkateZilla,

Let me ask you please, the carrier traps animations (Default Hornet+F2 view) are clunky when the wheels touch the deck making them look not so realistic, it is also to do with a mis-match between coordinates in the LUA file or it is another kind of thing? I rely in your expertise because i don´t know anything about programing.

Thank you,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

yes, all the interaction with carrier deck, catapult, landing, is a mis-match between the collision model and the values for suspension/collision inputted in the LUA

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Just now, SkateZilla said:

yes, all the interaction with carrier deck, catapult, landing, is a mis-match between the collision model and the values for suspension/collision inputted in the LUA

Thank you for your reply. Where you advise me to start? by modelviewer? i try to learn and try it myself.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

you'll have to have access to the Source file to generate a collision model for the D External, and to measure the suspension stroke.

4 minutes ago, SkateZilla said:

you'll have to have access to the Source file to generate a collision model for the D External, and to measure the suspension stroke.

I´m meant only the default Hornet. But the same principle i guess.

Thank you SkateZilla.

20 hours ago, roobarbjapan said:

Thank you for the replies. Very interesting to learn about these things and to have a general idea of what to do. I assume the air brake is similarly related?

For the sound, would there be any potential to bypass it by creating a custom sound set similar to a stand alone mod? 🙂 

speed brake idk what the go with it but sounds i don't think so but not to sure if someone dose would be cool

• Thanks 1