VSN F/A-18D Hornet with F/A-18C Cockpit

Go to solution Solved by josh-109,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/21/2022 at 11:27 AM, Chewmann said:

Just an FYI.  I created VMFA(AW)-533 skins for the hornet.  They are a F/A-18D squadron, but since the D doesn't exist in the game (until this mod) I use them on the Cs.  With this mod you can enjoy a true D model experience.

Here's the link to the skin pack....  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3320840/

Chewman,

Check your PM.

seabat

• josh-109 changed the title to VSN F/A-18D Hornet with DCS F/A-18C Cockpit v7
On 2/22/2022 at 9:08 AM, josh-109 said:

One day i was messing around and i put the Hornet cockpit in the VSN F-35's and with the C we can fold wings and drop hook but cant land/take off from carrier the B just fly's like a A would would yous be keen on that or nah hahaha keep in mind it fly's just like the hornet and same as how much fuel but you can put a fuel tank on but i hid it so u cant see it on the aircraft and yes nose gear does sit in the ground a bit.

Screen_211226_224657.png

Screen_211226_224719.jpg

Hi mate, any plans to release this as it's own mod?

3 minutes ago, whisky.actual said:

Hi mate, any plans to release this as it's own mod?

hey mate yes i could i still have it floating around but if i was to release it i would like to get the model updated. to fix the nose gear in the ground and have the C model to work on carrier

On 6/10/2022 at 7:37 AM, josh-109 said:

hey mate yes i could i still have it floating around but if i was to release it i would like to get the model updated. to fix the nose gear in the ground and have the C model to work on carrier

I can probably fix that, I've done it for other planes

6 hours ago, whisky.actual said:

I can probably fix that, I've done it for other planes

ok ill keep that in mind atm still doing some work on them, atm the C model is have texture issues but all 3 models are in with pits just working out payloads and fuel tanks and i have sent cdpkobra a message asking if he could help out with the model edit again like he did with the D hornet to allow it function like the DCS C model. still working on the gunpod it works just how and with payload

f353.jpg

f352.jpg

f35.jpg

f354.jpg

f355.jpg

Edited by josh-109

15 hours ago, josh-109 said:

ok ill keep that in mind atm still doing some work on them, atm the C model is have texture issues but all 3 models are in with pits just working out payloads and fuel tanks and i have sent cdpkobra a message asking if he could help out with the model edit again like he did with the D hornet to allow it function like the DCS C model. still working on the gunpod it works just how and with payload

f353.jpg

f352.jpg

f35.jpg

f354.jpg

f355.jpg

Ok, he's more than capable of fixing this, looking forward to the finish product!

i wish CJS superbug team would ok for a release edit what ive done. just the same thing as ive done but just made it its own aircraft. but they wont 😞 i just want to fly everything hahaha

Screen_220614_042243.jpg

Edited by josh-109

• josh-109 changed the title to VSN F/A-18D Hornet with DCS F/A-18C Cockpit v7.5
4 hours ago, Megalax said:

So were you going to give me credit for all the artwork you lifted from my skins or were you just hoping I wouldn't notice?

unknown.png

Sorry about that Megalax, I don't plan releasing them they're for my own enjoyment. I should have given you the credit for the art work, once again sorry about that.

2 minutes ago, Babzo said:

Sorry about that Megalax, I don't plan releasing them they're for my own enjoyment. I should have given you the credit for the art work, once again sorry about that.

Don't plan on releasing them? they were in the User Files section this morning. I had to kindly ask the admins to remove them.

• Like 1

Megalax's Livery Studio

My Liveries in the User Files

I'll stick a maple leaf on anything...

7 minutes ago, Megalax said:

Don't plan on releasing them? they were in the User Files section this morning. I had to kindly ask the admins to remove them.

I apologize for lying to you.  wont happen again

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @josh-109

I´m very interested in this mod.

But before I install it, i have a few (maybe stupid) questions.🙈

The 1st question is, I can install without JSGME, right? I just use 3 mods.

I just have bought the F/A-18C module and have everything set up. 

Will the installation of this mod influence the F/A-18C module?

Will it have the same setup (controls) as the F/A-18C module?

Thanks in advance,

Carlo

4 hours ago, CarloVecchi said:

Hello @josh-109

I´m very interested in this mod.

But before I install it, i have a few (maybe stupid) questions.🙈

The 1st question is, I can install without JSGME, right? I just use 3 mods.

I just have bought the F/A-18C module and have everything set up. 

Will the installation of this mod influence the F/A-18C module?

Will it have the same setup (controls) as the F/A-18C module?

Thanks in advance,

Carlo

Hey mate you can install it with out JSGME but once you install it and fly and works well, once the game dose a update it will break the mod and would have to reinstall the mod. JSGME is a great way to install mods that need to go into the Main game files. because when you load up JSGME and load the mod into the game you can use it to uninstall the mod and it will replace the original files back in and will not break the game.  If you install the mod just straight in main game files it needs to over right 2 dcs main files and could cause a issue but as i said with JSGME if you install the mod with it and it breaks your game just unload the mod and it will replace files back automatic. its just a good way to not break main files from DCS.

vor einer Stunde schrieb josh-109:

Hey mate you can install it with out JSGME but once you install it and fly and works well, once the game dose a update it will break the mod and would have to reinstall the mod. JSGME is a great way to install mods that need to go into the Main game files. because when you load up JSGME and load the mod into the game you can use it to uninstall the mod and it will replace the original files back in and will not break the game.  If you install the mod just straight in main game files it needs to over right 2 dcs main files and could cause a issue but as i said with JSGME if you install the mod with it and it breaks your game just unload the mod and it will replace files back automatic. its just a good way to not break main files from DCS.

Thanks for the heat up mate! 😉
Then I will use JSGME.
BTW, controls will be same as for the F/A-18C right?