VSN F/A-18D Hornet with F/A-18C Cockpit

Go to solution Solved by josh-109,

• 5 months later...
  • josh-109 changed the title to VSN F/A-18D Hornet with DCS F/A-18C Cockpit v9!!!!

Thanks a lot for your ongoing work on this mod, josh-109. I appreciate it!
Actually I prefer it over the Super Hornet Mods since the F/A-18D is a kind of a F/A-18C with a new skin. The real F/A-18D has some rearranged avionics and around 6% less fuel capacity. Of course the second seat is not a thing in this mod but flying it solo with the C-model as a flight model base and it's cockpit is absolutely realistic in terms of flight behaviour and aircraft usage. You just have to reduce your max internal fuel load to 94% and your good to go.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rifter said:

Thanks a lot for your ongoing work on this mod, josh-109. I appreciate it!
Actually I prefer it over the Super Hornet Mods since the F/A-18D is a kind of a F/A-18C with a new skin. The real F/A-18D has some rearranged avionics and around 6% less fuel capacity. Of course the second seat is not a thing in this mod but flying it solo with the C-model as a flight model base and it's cockpit is absolutely realistic in terms of flight behaviour and aircraft usage. You just have to reduce your max internal fuel load to 94% and your good to go.

Thank you mate 😃

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious to why every mod that takes over a full fidelity cockpit can't be played along side the original when there are mods that let you play both. 

All WW2 mods are this way along with the J10 and I think a few others. 

• josh-109 changed the title to VSN F/A-18D Hornet with DCS F/A-18C Cockpit v9.1!!!!
  • josh-109 changed the title to VSN F/A-18D Hornet with DCS F/A-18C Cockpit v9.2
  • josh-109 changed the title to VSN F/A-18D Hornet with F/A-18C Cockpit
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

F/A-18D v9.4 Change log (22/10/2023)

Updated to work with the latest DCS Open Beta Patch 2.9>>>

Added in the data link stuff

Added 2 downloadable Links, File 1, is the mod it self just the C,D..... File 2 is combatable with the CJS mod, C,D,E,F,G. Both mods must be Running/Installed at the same time otherwise the hornet fleet will only work as a AI Aircraft

Links on page 1

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Just so you are aware the CJS compatible version conflicts with the VSN F/A18D. The cockpit in your mod is completely black (external view) with both installed, the VSN cockpit is also messed up. Have not tested CJS non compatible version. Thought you should know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 7:24 AM, Spook1234567890 said:

Just so you are aware the CJS compatible version conflicts with the VSN F/A18D. The cockpit in your mod is completely black (external view) with both installed, the VSN cockpit is also messed up. Have not tested CJS non compatible version. Thought you should know.

I seem to remember eariler in this thread that the CJS mod needed to be installed via OVGME first then the VSN mod or the overwrite/replacement/substitution of codes would cause issues.  I use the mod manager as both CJS and VSN do substitute the DCS code and when DCS puts out an update everthing gets "corrected" and then CJS and VSN will not work.  So I disable both, do the DCS update, reinstall and am back to having no luck at all in air to air refueling.  As of the Dec 28 OB update all three mods are working fine for me.

Just a thought.

seabat

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2023 at 7:53 AM, josh-109 said:

F/A-18D v9.4 Change log (22/10/2023)

Updated to work with the latest DCS Open Beta Patch 2.9>>>

Added in the data link stuff

Added 2 downloadable Links, File 1, is the mod it self just the C,D..... File 2 is combatable with the CJS mod, C,D,E,F,G. Both mods must be Running/Installed at the same time otherwise the hornet fleet will only work as a AI Aircraft

Links on page 1

Thanks alot for this nice mod, which let us enjoy flying with a functional F/A-18D!

However, I occasionally found out that with the CJS compatible version installed, the AI planes of the CJS F/A-18E/F/G cannot launch the missiles to engage the hostile. After removing the CJS compatible mod, they can fire the missile as usual. It's quite strange, because I thought that this version does not modify the settings of the CJS fighters.

You can try this test mission with CJS mod installed first, then with or without the F/A-18D mod.

Caucasus_CJS F-18E vs SU-30.miz

On 2/19/2024 at 4:40 AM, Linbei said:

Thanks alot for this nice mod, which let us enjoy flying with a functional F/A-18D!

However, I occasionally found out that with the CJS compatible version installed, the AI planes of the CJS F/A-18E/F/G cannot launch the missiles to engage the hostile. After removing the CJS compatible mod, they can fire the missile as usual. It's quite strange, because I thought that this version does not modify the settings of the CJS fighters.

You can try this test mission with CJS mod installed first, then with or without the F/A-18D mod.

Caucasus_CJS F-18E vs SU-30.miz 9.18 kB · 0 downloads

Ill have to check it out, i know the CJS had a update the other day and i have not tried it

• 3 weeks later...

Hi JOsh-109,

what an amazing mod,

since few days ....  ( DCS 2.9.xx   ???     vsn F/A18D v10,  others ???)   i cannot move hotas control just after take of from carrier ("Salute" blocks hotas mouvements ) even if a can move hotas during taxying, or if i start in flight, or if i take-off from land ....  any idea ( due to auto-manet ...???    hands hold ?...)

thanks in advance

Philippe [French guy]

Edited by philippe_wurtz