AI MiG-21 is flaring when no countermeasures are loaded

BurroHablando

I build a mission with two AI MiG-21s giving support on ground attack. The planes are loaded with 8 Fab-100 and 2 UB-16 Rocket Pods. Even though the ASO-2 and the SPS-141 pod are not loaded, the moment the MiGs get targeted by enemy manpad, they start flaring.

If necessary I can provide the mission, but would have to modify it. It contains soundfiles and pictures and is bigger than the size limit given by the forum.

Screen_210708_180451.png

Screen_210708_180456.png

It’s a known issue from the beginning.

The lua file that defines the 21bis (leftover from when the 21 was a mod for the Lomac) has 2 lines with the number of flares and chaff available for the IA 21 no matter if the SPS-141 or the wrongly named aso-2 (in reality a mixed chaff/flare experimental Yugoslavian pod) are present via the ME.

Even the radar associated with the IA 21 is the radar of the 23MLD IA from ED.

Lines that define the correct radar (the radar defined by M3 for the 21 “player” or “client”) are commented and inactive.

Edited by Tarres
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think the real solution here is for DCS' AI to recognise countermeasure dispenser pods and for their countermeasures in general (including release programs, and dispenser locations) to be synced with player aircraft where applicable.

On 11/19/2021 at 12:06 AM, razo+r said:

Maybe there's an option to prevent the use of counter measures in the advanced waypoint options? 

Yes there is, it's under Set Option -> Chaff and Flare using, with the options being never, use against fired missile, when flying in SAM WEZ and when near enemies.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.