CCRP bomb drop line offset

Shibbyland

Hi,

I'm finding the CCRP line sits to the far left of my HUD when using laser guided bombs and JDAMs. I'm used to it being in the center and me keeping the bird in the middle.

Is this something I'm doing wrong?
Hey man no it's it's the wind - some good tips from the posters below.

Essentially you're going to have to fly your jet to the wind or another simple way to make it easier is to flick up the DRIFT C/O switch on the icp which will align everything again and you'll find it easier to fly the wind then.

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, HR-Crumble said:

Hey man no it's it's the wind - some good tips from the posters below.

Essentially you're going to have to fly your jet to the wind or another simple way to make it easier is to flick up the DRIFT C/O switch on the icp which will align everything again and you'll find it easier to fly the wind then.

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Would using the DRIFT C/O switch not throw your accuracy off as you are no longer compensating for wind?

The point on the ground still remains the same and you still have to fly to the BFL and CCRP being auto has wind correction in it to some degree. All its doing is aligning the symbology for you  in the HUD, you still have to line up etc. I have certainly never ever seen impact accuracy affected.

9 hours ago, 104th_Crunch said:

Would using the DRIFT C/O switch not throw your accuracy off as you are no longer compensating for wind?

No. The ASL is positioned relative to the FPM so it doesn't matter where it is (true/false position). If it's lined up you're lined up.

• Thanks 1