FCLP Location

Cacetudo

I'm liking the Marianas map very much so far. It's obviously going to be a good fit for flying from the Supercarrier. One thing that's not available in DCS anywhere AFAIK is a carrier deck outline painted onto a runway (with correct lighting) to facilitate field carrier landing practice (FCLP). The nearest real-world example I know if is on Iwo Jima (RJAW / Iwoto), which is ~700nm from Guam. MCAS Iwakuni is next closest, but this isn't a map of Japan.

May I suggest, since we apparently aren't going to get Iwo Jima on this map, that an alternative location be used for this? With the current set of airports available, I would suggest the runway at the former NOLF Orote, or alternatively PGRO / Rota. I've tried dropping the Navy Equipment mod's FCLP box lights onto both of those fields and flying several circuits. The terrain at NOLF Orote is smooth and both of these fields are long enough for the Hornet to do touch & go's.

Alternatively, if anyone can point me in the right direction to the texture file(s) that contain these runways, perhaps I can try adding it myself. I realize that this request is for a fictional feature, but it could be very useful considering that FCLP is a pretty critical part of carrier flying training.

Thanks.

• Like 2

ThinkPad X1 Carbon G6 | i7-8550U 1.8-4 GHz | 16GB LPDDR3-2133 MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD | Win10 x64

Aorus RTX 2070 Gaming Box | 8GB GDDR6-14000MHz | 3x Dell U2412M for 5760x1200

CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals