Jester Ignores NavGrid Commands, Map Marker Question

bonesvf103

I asked Jester to do things like change the navgrid heading bith absolute and relative, and also to change sectors and center the NavGrid.  He responds OK...but doesn't do squat.

Is this a bug?

Also, if I set a map marker and have him set it to say a steerpoint, sometimes it says map marker is out of range and tells me how many map markers are on the map.  What does that mean?  When I do get it to work, after making multiple map markers, I tell him map marker 1, 2, etc...but where do the numbers come from?  Is it sequential from when you made the marker or something else?  The number that shows up when you make a marker on the F10 map doesn't seem to be it.

Thanks.

v6,

boNes

• Like 1

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

• 1 month later...

Well, youre right, AIRIO needs updating and navgrid doesnt work right, as well as 'look for large target' and a bunch of missing features now since last patch where Iceman can now take commands to fly to a waypoint or orbit a point.  With the recent Stable-release update, we are all expecting Hollywood315 to have an update soon. (not like the guy couldnt show more concern for the fact that most of us run open-beta, or that he could communicate better with his paying customers. this isnt a free mod.)

The map-marker thing is broken on multiplayer, especially when those servers have dynamic map-markers that the mission creates like DDCS or ThroughTheInferno, but one way to understand what its doing is to sometimes visit the Jester-menu again.  you will see what Vaicom is trying to do.  the map-markers you make are listed in the menu, in numeric order.  i assume based on the order you created them, but who knows.

Edited by marcocom
  • Like 1