Tiger II for 2.7

Mizzy

• 2 weeks later...

Yes - a lot of older modules could use a face lift.

But that is not dependent to the Version of DCS.

So OPs question is still somewhat unclear.

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

I would like the F-5EM brazilian version, more capable.

F-5EM 1.png

F-5EM 2.png

F-5EM 3.png

Edited by =Skywarp=
  • Like 5

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

I don't care a new version. A fix of the long standing bugs and maybe a texture overhaul would be more than enough. I like the low tech 1970s style of the f-5, I have both the f-5 and the mig-21 and they are a different interesting way of flying DCS other than the mid2000 high tech birds.

Edited by nessuno0505
  • Like 14

When I say I'd like to see the F-5EM, that would be a plus, keeping the F-5E too.

Like Heatblur did with F-14A / F-14B

OK, I know it's a dream... cause in this case would be almost 2 different modules.

• Like 1

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

On 7/19/2021 at 2:45 PM, Hiob said:

But that is not dependent to the Version of DCS.

So OPs question is still somewhat unclear.

Not really: lots of modules still don't support the technologies that were introduced with DCS 2.5 even, and the OP is referring to that: deferred shading, physical based rendering, ...
Also, the cockpit geometry is wrong in VR, same as quite a few other modules.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Is this a wish or has ED at some point mentioned that they will keep "old" modules up to date with the newest tech?

I mean, I would appreciate this but I doubt it somehow...

edit: probably depends on the popularity of the module...

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Keep in mind that MAC is still in the works, and the F-5 is part of that. As it is a new product, ED can’t possibly afford to launch MAC with severely outdated graphics and no proper VR support, so I expect that’s part of the reason MAC has seen such a delay: they probably underestimated the amount of work it took/takes to update all the modules to PBR/DS and to correct the cockpit geometry for VR.

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

Il 22/7/2021 at 20:43, Raven (Elysian Angel) ha scritto:

Keep in mind that MAC is still in the works, and the F-5 is part of that. As it is a new product, ED can’t possibly afford to launch MAC with severely outdated graphics and no proper VR support, so I expect that’s part of the reason MAC has seen such a delay: they probably underestimated the amount of work it took/takes to update all the modules to PBR/DS and to correct the cockpit geometry for VR.

Just a small off-topic: I've seen your specs: how is DCS VR with an AMD system? I've read low frames and some bugs with AMD graphics in VR. I've got a 2070 on a 5 years old machine; I'd like to renew my system but - given the current price of Nvidia cards - I was considering an AMD system, maybe a 6800xt (there's a small batch every wednesday on AMD shop at MSRP) with a 5800x. Are AMD graphic cards really so badly optimized for VR?

Edited by nessuno0505

Its not just AMD; with my 3080ti it still struggles somewhat in certain scenarios, but the latest nvidia cards do seem to run DCS quite beautifully....but you still have to fine tune a few things here, some shader mods there, tweaking and twacking just to find that sweet spot. Not saying its excellent, but its still really grainy compared to the desktop resolution.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

6 hours ago, nessuno0505 said:

Just a small off-topic: I've seen your specs: how is DCS VR with an AMD system?

The 6900XT is apparently faster than a 3090 in DCS VR, and the frametimes are more consistent: several people here on the forums have tested both cards last year. We also have Vulkan incoming, which (in most cases) works a lot better on AMD cards because of design differences compared to how nVidia cards deal with low-overhead APIs.

The Marianas map is unplayable at its current state and with settings that work perfectly well for the Syria map, but ED will optimise it later on I'm sure.

Which bugs are you referring to?

Spoiler

Something I've read on the internet: inconsistent frame time, stuttering, FPS drops, a faulty implementation of asw and blurry image with the Quest 2, versus a more solid and consistent experience with Nvidia, even the 20xx series. Search "6800xt VR performance" on Google. I have a rift s so asw is important to me, and I'm very happy with Oculus VR (that I find a lot better than steam VR) so a quest 2 could be a fine upgrade for my Rift s, if I decided to upgrade my VR hardware too. You have a Reverb g2 so maybe Windows mixed reality Is different, I do not know. But today you can try to buy and AMD card from their site at MSRP, while a Nvidia card Is sold double its price, and this makes a difference too.

Am 22.7.2021 um 16:55 schrieb Hiob:

Is this a wish or has ED at some point mentioned that they will keep "old" modules up to date with the newest tech?

I mean, I would appreciate this but I doubt it somehow...

edit: probably depends on the popularity of the module...

I hope that ED keeps the "old" modules permanently up to date. If it now turns out that you do not really maintain the old modules such as the Mi-8, then I will think more about whether I really want to buy a module in the future.

• Like 2

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

1 hour ago, Crash * said:

I hope that ED keeps the "old" modules permanently up to date. If it now turns out that you do not really maintain the old modules such as the Mi-8, then I will think more about whether I really want to buy a module in the future.

As much as I wished that was the truth,

considering each module as a "game" on its own (given the price point for a new module, that is not far fetched), I have to admit that this isn't the case with any other computer game.

From a business standpoint (and ED would not do us a favor in going bankrupt) refreshing old modules makes only sense when fresh revenues cover the costs.

That's the reason I would personally happily pay a price for an update of outdated modules (like the hip or tiger).

On 7/22/2021 at 4:28 PM, nessuno0505 said:

I don't care a new version. A fix of the long standing bugs and maybe a texture overhaul would be more than enough. I like the low tech 1970s style of the f-5, I have both the f-5 and the mig-21 and they are a different interesting way of flying DCS other than the mid2000 high tech birds.

Exactly the same, '70s version is in it's proper timeline when it can compete in air combat against other fighter. Exotic MFD version may be slighty better per se, but a lot worse in relation to its enviroment. 

I would like a face lift with slightly better cockpit/exterior graphics, VR cockpit geometry and bug free.

Especially now when F-5E will soon be needed for proper Iraq-Iran war 1982-1988, since we have a map and soon practically all involved aircrafts and helicopters used in the conflict.

6 minutes ago, kseremak said:

Especially now when F-5E will soon be needed for proper Iraq-Iran war 1982-1988, since we have a map and soon practically all involved aircrafts and helicopters used in the conflict.

Huh? I might have missed that memo... Details please 🙂

2 hours ago, kseremak said:

We have Hormuz strait map. F-14A, F-5E, Gazelle and Huey for the Iran. MiG-21, Mi-8, Mi-24 and Mirage F.1, MiG-23, MiG-29A in developement for Iraq. Only oranian F-4 Phantom will be missing.

A map of Iran-Iraq war where all of Iraq is missing is very useful, lol.

• Like 3

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!