Tiger II for 2.7

Mizzy

If they were to Frankenstein the F-5E-3 in DCS, then I'd like a aerial refueling probe please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 1 month later...

It would be awesome to have a more modern rendition on top of the existing airplane - with a refuelling probe and some upgraded avionics/ weaponry.

Alternatively, one could go the opposite direction and do an F-5A/C or CF/NF-5 and maybe a two-seater F-5B/ T-38 thingy.

Kind of a stretch, but certainly cool.

• Like 3

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

3 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

It would be awesome to have a more modern rendition on top of the existing airplane - with a refuelling probe and some upgraded avionics/ weaponry.

Alternatively, one could go the opposite direction and do an F-5A/C or CF/NF-5 and maybe a two-seater F-5B/ T-38 thingy.

Kind of a stretch, but certainly cool.

+1 on F-5A or C. I am not sure if we really need more modern version, as I think it would still be somewhat worse than 4th gens it would probably meet on MP servers. A or C though would be great fit into Cold War ones. But to be honest, just a plain lifting, maybe some liveries added to the mix, and I am happy. 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

The JF-17 is very similar to that, a cold war engine plus a refueling probe and modern avionics ... I'm very happy with it.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

The JF-17 is very similar to that, a cold war engine plus a refueling probe and modern avionics ... I'm very happy with it.

You are right! 🙂 Well, I would pay for new F-5 upgrade full price, no regrets - would it be modernised variant or original A/C Skoshi Tiger. 🙂

• Like 1

Some people never cease to amaze me. ED hasn't managed to properly finish and de-bug the basic systems  of the simple old-analog cold war F-5e years after

its release and you re willing to throw more money at them for another even more sophisticated version that will likely end up even more unfinished and buggy due

to its complexity..

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Snappy said:

ED hasn't managed to properly finish and de-bug the basic systems  of the simple old-analog cold war F-5

Don't know what are you taking about ... it's been a while since I flew the F-5, but it seemed perfectly fine to me and everything seemed to work as intended. Maybe you belong to that group of users that wants new cockpit textures every couple of years? (for free, of course)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

1 hour ago, Snappy said:

Some people never cease to amaze me. ED hasn't managed to properly finish and de-bug the basic systems  of the simple old-analog cold war F-5e years after

its release and you re willing to throw more money at them for another even more sophisticated version that will likely end up even more unfinished and buggy due

to its complexity..

Well, willing to throw money is one thing, and I admit I would be happy to pay for an upgrade, that is for sure. Or downgrade in my case, as I mentioned I would be more happy to see earlier variants, something you actually don't see in DCS that much. Having said that, that will must be met with some nice quality and added value. That is also covering bug fixes. However, this is a misty-eyed conversation on "what if" topic, and I doubt that it will become relevant anyway. I know there will be F-5 lifting, maybe some new liveries, and it would be nice to see some patching to suit. I don't expect more, to be honest... but still it would be fun to see some more F-5's. 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Don't know what are you taking about ... it's been a while since I flew the F-5, but it seemed perfectly fine to me and everything seemed to work as intended. Maybe you belong to that group of users that wants new cockpit textures every couple of years? (for free, of course)

The RWR is still wrong (the search/lock logic is asinine), arguably the radar could be improved (mostly in terms of how it looks), the TACAN sometimes stops working.

Realistically, I doubt there's much of a market for any new addons to the module a-la A-10C 2/BS2, but updated cockpit textures at least would be nice since other modules receive those all the times. The same could also be said about other older ED modules.

Edited by TLTeo
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

but updated cockpit textures at least would be nice since other modules receive those all the times

That is a mostly aesthetics issue, that doesn't detract from the enjoyment of this Module .. and what other modules receive updated cockpits?

to my knowledge, only the A-10C and the Ka-50 have received those ... the F-86, Mig-15, Bf-109, Fw-190D, Mi-8, UH-1, etc, etc still use their original cockpits, and I can fly and enjoy them in spite of them not having a flashier cokpit

... try to enjoy the Sim in a deeper, less superficial way.

Off the top of my head, the Harrier, Mirage, Viggen, C-101 and Mig-21 have also received updates to their cockpit. Not ED, I know, but it's worth mentioning.

I agree that graphics aren't everything, but they still play a big role imo, and these older modules, fun as they are, are definitely starting to show their age.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

You’re out of line . Where did I say anything about wanting new textures?

Its nice that to you everything seems to be perfectly fine, however just because you personally didn’t notice it , doesn’t mean the Tiger doesn’t have bugs. Among others, the RWR is bugged, , the lead-computing  gunsight, the TACAN system, the engine-throttle interaction thing, excessive gyro drift  , the aircraft despite being long out of early access still has no airframe overstress damage model - you can happily pull 13G without any damage .

So basically we now have bugs in several critical systems, offensive,defensive, navigation, Instruments, engine, damage model.While this is still being sold at full price as a supposedly full module, which gets close to zero bugfixing.

So stop claiming absurd things, like me wanting a free texture overhaul.

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

That is a mostly aesthetics issue, that doesn't detract from the enjoyment of this Module .. and what other modules receive updated cockpits?

to my knowledge, only the A-10C and the Ka-50 have received those ... the F-86, Mig-15, Bf-109, Fw-190D, Mi-8, UH-1, etc, etc still use their original cockpits, and I can fly and enjoy them in spite of them not having a flashier cokpit

... try to enjoy the Sim in a deeper, less superficial way.

109, 190 and P-51 recieved cockpit updates too, although not as huge.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

3 hours ago, Knock-Knock said:

109, 190 and P-51 recieved cockpit updates too, although not as huge.

my mistake, I had forgotten about the P-51 and the other two I hadn’t flew them yet at the time of their uodate.

9 hours ago, Snappy said:

You’re out of line . Where did I say anything about wanting new textures?

That’s why I said "maybe".

Anyway, moving to facts we have - F-5 Upgrade (PBR cockpit and new external model) is listed in roadmap as "on progress 2021+". Granted, this is an unofficial roadmap, but I remember interview with Matt Wagner, where he stated, that they would like to revisit F-5 at some point. We can hope they will put some fixes to suit as well.

• Like 2

I also pretty happy with the F-5. I don't fly it as often as the F-18, but when I do, I manage to bomb some targets (when I don't miss) and shoot some rockets without issues.

People complain about the RWR, and they might be right, ED should fix it, but why shouldn't we ask for a newer variant ?

After 4 years of fun with the F5 I would gladly pay too for an update.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I own nearly all the modules in DCS and the F-5E is still my favorite.

It was very nice to see the over G stress added. I hope to see the RWR behavior corrected as well as the gyro drift. These are clearly broken and really detract from what is otherwise an excellent module.

I'd also like to see the lead computing gunsight examined for accuracy of behavior, and we really should have some way to launch AGM-65Bs using the radar screen in picture mode- even if it's just a Razbam approach with some made up procedure crammed in to make it usable until the actual procedure can be discovered later.

Edited by Aries144
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Aries144 said:

I hope to see the RWR behavior corrected as well as the lead computing gunsight and gyro drift

Those have been broken for years. Like a few other modules, the F-5 is another abandon project. I'm sure one of the mods will chime in and say its on the "To-Do List", but we know how that goes. Lip service is all.

8 hours ago, WarbossPetross said:

That would be F-5S with glass cockpit, new radar and Amraam capability. Not what we have now, to say the least. Also why do you want to turn it into another Falcon or Hornet?

I may be mistaken. My understanding was the the E model could launch the A and B model Mavericks. Am I incorrect? Perhaps I'm thinking of the Bullpup MCLOS missile instead?

15 hours ago, Aries144 said:

I may be mistaken. My understanding was the the E model could launch the A and B model Mavericks. Am I incorrect? Perhaps I'm thinking of the Bullpup MCLOS missile instead?

It seems it can with certain air forces like Saudi Tigers, but AFAIK this module is as dead as possible, so don't expect any bug fixing or update on it.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

16 hours ago, Aries144 said:

Not all F-5Es are equal. Some didn't have a RWR (e.g. early-ish aggressors which technically our jet is supposed to replicate), some had an INS and ILS (the Swiss ones). Some -E models could indeed fire the Maverick, but they have a slightly different stores panel and display:

f5e_cockpit_1.jpg

And yeah, realistically the model is in minimum maintenance mode and even that's generous. Unless something truly weird happens, the F-5 is staying as is.