The Night life

HoYa

On the f16 mission “the night life”. I can’t get the alignment to work for navigation.  Regardless of how long I sit there or manually enter it the alignment just gets “stuck” at 93 or 92, and never flashes on the hud.  Anyone else ???

seems like a really cool mission that I would love to fly. 🤨

You'll need to post a track,

when the alignement stuck happens, quit the mission and click save track then post the track here.

Alignement is really sensitive so if you are rearming the plane and the plane shakes it can get stuck, or if the plane moves a tiny bit, it goes wrong.

Edited by Furiz

4 hours ago, Furiz said:

You'll need to post a track,

when the alignement stuck happens, quit the mission and click save track then post the track here.

Alignement is really sensitive so if you are rearming the plane and the plane shakes it can get stuck, or if the plane moves a tiny bit, it goes wrong.

this makes sense, f15s are taking off and the viper noticeably rocks back and forth. I’ll wait till they are gone.  Tks

Hmm that is good to know. This is something that might need a look at and sensitivity toned down a bit.

It is possible to align an aircraft in windy conditions with it 'moving' around on it's oleos. You only have an issue if the aircraft actually changes position/location during the process.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

wake turbulence is affecting alignment so it is probably that. I do have a report open for it. 

thanks 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

19 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

wake turbulence is affecting alignment so it is probably that. I do have a report open for it. 

thanks 

Sadly that’s not it.  I might have a corrupt file it something.  The HUD is all screwed up even the flight controls are way off.  Even the light that indicates nose wheel steering doesn’t work, basically it’s all screwed up… 

• ED Team

I would suggest you remove any unofficial mods ( if any ) run a slow repair or verify if steam, if you still have problems attach a short track replay showing the problem.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2021 at 5:34 AM, HoYa said:

Sadly that’s not it.  I might have a corrupt file it something.  The HUD is all screwed up even the flight controls are way off.  Even the light that indicates nose wheel steering doesn’t work, basically it’s all screwed up… 

I'm glad I found this because I was having the same problem and yes it's getting stuck right after getting hit by the turbulence of the eagles taking off

I wrote a bug report about this issue a few weeks after the F-16 launched into early access. I was surprised to see it hasn't been fixed yet.
A work-around for now is to open the mission in the ME, and move your aircraft to the opposite side of the runway, into a hangar. There, it won't be affected by the turbulence.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset