What's wrong with night vision? Ground is all black.

b0bl00i

• 5 weeks later...

Since a couple of releases back, NVGs has been broken, meaning that ground textures are completely black. On some map it seem to work and on Syria for instance, it doesn't. 

Is it something Ugra Media has to fix for the Syria map or does it have to do with 2.7 and Edge?

• ED Team

merged

please attach a short track replay example of the problem

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I dont have a track to post but Turn on NVGs on Syria map. If you turn up the gain enough to see the ground, you get blinded by any light source on the ground (like city). Turn then down to where ground lights are not drowning the NVGs and you can’t see any terrain.  I kind of thought this was a known thing. I’ll try and post something but I’m not great with that stuff 

Edited by Mikeck
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2021 at 12:46 PM, BIGNEWY said:

merged

please attach a short track replay example of the problem

@BIGNEWY
I´ve attached 2 Tracks to represent the still persisting NVG Problem. DCS is Vanilla Game, no mods installed. You need anything else next to the tracks?
It is absolutely impossible to fly Night Missions with the latest lighting condition. As comparison I´ve also attached 2 tracks to represent the massive difference. What we see at Fullmoon night is sort of what I expect to see in a Moon less night. Can you please share the current state on this (as of my opinion) major issue?

Thanks

NVG TEST FULLMOON.trk NVG TEST MOONLESS.trk

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• ED Team

Thanks for the track replays, we do have a report open for this but I dont have a ETA currently

thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

NVGs enhance light reflected from objects. If you fly at night with no moon (or no light source whatsoever), you are not going to see much. The same goes for shadows produced by moonlight: those are impenetrable.

Edited by Xamik75

It has been quite some time for 2.7 and the NVG still won't work if there's not a full moon at night. Does anyone know when this issue would be settled? It feels really annoying in campaigns if you turn blind when the sun sinks. Ver. 2.5's NVG works way better. I know they have 2 different illumination methods but is the problem for 2.7 fixable? Thanks very much. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 2:28 PM, b0bl00i said:

I also sent several track files to BigNewy. But as they say, they are aware but I guess other tasks are higher prio. I wish that the NVGs could become a bit more useful.

Night missions are awesome.

I hate to sound so negative but I suspect that fixing NVG can't help them make more sales. And the customers who have already bought products are never priorities. I hope what I'm assuming is wrong

i believe big changes are kept quiet from the general pitchfork wielding user base. issues are ultimately resolved and then people forget and come up with something else. i am not enabling ED. i just know how it goes with game development and IT in general. they just cannot promise anything in fear of not coming through fast enough for the crowd marching towards the castle.

• Like 2

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain