An Open Letter to the Community

EvilBivol-1

Hi,

I was refraining from replying, but I'll post anyway.

1) I'm quite disappointed that I'm being treated like a criminal because of my geographic location. You say the Russian version is already cracked, therefore it is too late.

2) There is nothing stopping me jumping on an aircraft, flying to Russia and buying one. A tad expensive, but possible.

Given the above, I see little point in restricting *legitimate purchase options* to those of us in the "West", because of the fear of piracy, when it is already available, is still available, and could still be pirated by, people in Russia/CIS.

I hope political influences/powers have not stepped in here. I for one was looking forward to getting a wholly Russian version. Right now, I'm limited to getting a western version including draconian anti-piracy measures, simply because of where I live.

I'm not happy, and quite upset at being viewed as a criminal by default.

Best regards,

Tango.

• Like 1

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's one mistake here from the ED/TFC team : they should have released the game worldwide at the same time. Because now that the Russians are able to buy the game, the rest of the world is frustrated, and will finally make all they can do have it...

They should but they couldn't. 1C is their CIS distributor and I'm guessing they gave ED a dateline and time was up.

C'mon, man, do you honestly expect people to believe that? That was really hammy.

Edited by leafer

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Maybe some of people will not like my idea, but in my personal opinion I don't like some of ED decisions which they made in last years. An example start to sell BS in Russia earlier than Europe/Usa. Maybe there is some difficulties about releasing the software in Europe/Usa however it made me little bit upset and I felt alternating standard in me. I think I voice the feelings of a Turkish people crowd in that case.

My message to person who use cracked version...

Buddy, if you want ED to produce more simulations and release them, you have to support ED. I bought BS Russian version already and going to buy English one too. How about you?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

Buddy, if you want ED to produce more simulations and release them, you have to support ED. I bought BS Russian version already and going to buy English one too. How about you?

TorwaK: Right on! I was surprised when I heard Eagle were doing a sim of this nature - I thought this genre was so limited that it wouldn't be worth a modern software company producing one (nice to see I was wrong :thumbup: ).

The reason for the delay I think is because of localization/testing. The sim has english tooltips (well, the Producers Notes videos certainly did), but I think the audio, UI etc.. is coded in Russian, so it needs developing/testing.

Best regards,

Tango.

C'mon, man, do you honestly expect people to believe that? That was really hammy.

What the hell do you mean by that? You think I want to get the Russian version just so I can pirate it?

With EDs actions, that's exactly what they think I'll do (being a westerner, in Europe no less), otherwise they wouldn't consider it necessary to restrict the Russian version, and load the "Western" version with draconian anti-piracy measures.

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango

You actually feel like a criminal? You think because Eagle D decided to do XYZ because SHT happens that makes you and everyone in where ever you're from a criminal in their eye? A bit melodramatic ain't it?

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Well Tango, that's what the people think right now.

What makes you so eager that you (or others) just want it at all costs?

I seriously wonder why...

I really can only hardly wait the day BS will be released to us.

But until then, well I have to accept it and I do have some other hobbies, friends to meet and so on.

I just don't understand why some people are freaking out because they don't get what they want.

Like the people that were camping in front of apple stores just to get the new 3G iPhone. I waited 3 month and got one too - no stress, no crying, not even was I reduces to a worse life, because I hadn't it.

Sorry mate, I don't understand complaining at all about this.

The only thing I feel sad for, is the community and the developers a.s.o, because of what happend and what they are forced to do now.

Not provocating, just worrying. :cry:

Best regards,

Airway

Edited by Airway
edit

They should but they couldn't. 1C is their CIS distributor and I'm guessing they gave ED a dateline and time was up.....

That is probably not true because, Oleg is several year(S) late with his product 'SOW:BOB' and has not released it.

:joystick:

my 2 cents, and the only thing I have said about this matter.... so we in the West (USA) have to wait 2 more months,,, I will live (hopefully)...

:doh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Thank You for your honesty in the revelations of the past week,TFC/ED and 1C must protect thier property and livelihood for themselves and thier employes world wide,and you're right on target with the fact that ED has been very open and considerate with the development of BS,

The Piracy issue does not surprise me at all,The rules of supply and demand are simple,people will do what they deem necessary leagally or otherwise to obtain sought after product[DOES NOT MAKE PIRACY{STEALING}RIGHT] it's just basicly human nature.

That being said I believe some of the forum members were caught in the hype of a sim release that's been in development and publized for nearly 4yrs,with money in hand, willing to purchase the product leagally,being told they would be able to do so,and then being denied while looking at screenshots from across the world they were like "crack addicts"looking for a fix,again this doesn't make stealing someone else's merchandise just, supply and demand.

I think a Global release would have been the smart PR as well as anti-theft move,but now unfortunately it is what it is........again ED/Evil/Wags thank you very much for your openess in this matter,I look forward to the Demo/Western release when made available.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I won't have access to the internet where I'll be moving to, BUT, please let's hold off on the premature accusation. Things could change, for better or for worst, tomorrow or two months from now.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm asking, what I believe to be, relevant questions in a non hostile and respectful manner :).

... Also CDKEY should be a must for online-play and updates - this encourages more people to buy the game.

That was going to be my next question along with why LO:FC CP wasn't used in the first place, even though that might be an internal matter for those that made the original decision of which CP to use.

By phone :)

LOL I know ... but we gonna have to phone Russia. Not a question just an idea of where we are going with all of this new CP that will make no difference to the pirates but will only make the lives of ligmit customers more difficult for no reason. Yep no reason.

Also I can't understand why people are pissed with the staggered release. USA got Lockon before Europe if I remember correctly and it wasn't a big deal. Ok it wasn't three months but that's not really ED's fault.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

It'll make a difference to pirates. ;) If ED didn't believe that, why would they come up with the solution they have?

I don't think an activation would be a huge hassle for a legitimate user ... then again I don't really do major hardware changes every month myself, and I imagine that for the few people who do, maybe it will be ... I'd expect those people to have internet access however :D

LOL I know ... but we gonna have to phone Russia. Not a question just an idea of where we are going with all of this new CP that will make no difference to the pirates but will only make the lives of ligmit customers more difficult for no reason. Yep no reason.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Well Tango, that's what the people think right now.

What makes you so eager that you (or others) just want it at all costs?

Who said I wanted it "at all costs"? You've now managed to take my post as insinuating that I would pirate to get it, which I would not.

My post was to show ED that I'm upset at their position. I'm dome with this thread, if everything I say is going to keep being twisted. Apologies if that isn't how you intended to come across.

Best regards,

Tango.

To this date I dont think there has ever been a piece of software that has never been cracked/hacked or some way bypassed. Heck even MS couldnt make Vista uncrackable like they said it would be and they've spent millions trying to devise ways to protect their OS. I understand protecting your investment and income, but the sad fact with software and games is that it will get pirated. If your product is good( and it looks to be amazing), honest people will buy it.

My only point is please don't make the copy protection so strong that it intereferes with gameplay/mods or upgrading your computer. I've had to call Microsoft to reactivate Vista several times because of hardware upgrades and such and its always a hassle because they barely speak english and are trying to verify if you are legit.

Thank you for being open and honest with us, sorry if some forum members are idiots.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Hello

I'd like to say thank you too for the Update ED.

Waiting here since the first announcement of LO - BS, like many others.

For me the only interest goes into the "Western" Version and i will fully support it, when it comes out.

I feel not sad, that this version comes out at a later point, than the CIS Version, i've waited for years, now can easy wait a few Months and i know, that i'll be happy with it:thumbup:

But i would feel sad, if the delay gets bigger caused by a few Pirates, who do not respect this great Genre and the Developers behind it.:cry:

Thank you! Alex

It's a shame that the russian version won't be available for us in Europe. I had already decided to buy the russian version now and then buy the western version upon release.

It would not have been the first time I've bought a different "language-version" game while waiting for the one containing english. I did it with ArmA where I bought the german version and then the english version once it was avalible.

I follow this sentence. I think more people should. "If it's good enough to play, buy it and support the industry."

I was really looking forward to getting the russian version this weekend, but now that won't happen. But at least I do know that I will get a european version in due time, that's good enough for me.

So I'll give ED a pat on the shoulder and a "keep up the good work." while I wait for another few months. I've waited this long for it, I don't mind waiting a little longer.

/Nasder, "I came, I saw, I got shot down."

Thanks for the update, the funny thing for me is to see this all happening over and over again. Very similar reactions on the boards when LO/IL2 Sturmo series was ready to come out. Emotions run high with all the excitement, but in the end the dedicated members just have to endure these manic blips. Everyone goes home alive at the end of the day (except perhaps for the time Oleg was nearly killed in a bad car crash of course!)

Really looking forward to the release whenever it is, appreciate the effort to bring the demo forward, but I am so busy at work at the moment that I can't devote any time to learning to fly the chopper, any chance of releasing BS some time in April 2009 to suit my schedule?

Thanks also for the excellent and levelheaded moderation on these forums EvilB, your efforts are appreciated.

Edited by FOD

I am £$%$£%ing annoyed that ppl have distrabuted this software on torrent. I have to many swear words currently ranting from my mouth as i type this. I totally agree with the open later. You have to protect yourself. I will wait till next christmas if that what it takes.

Though i haven't posted much and have only joined the forums, i have been following flight sim developers since playing F-18 on the Amiga (yes im old).... Look after yourself guys and girls. Like i have said in a previous post about never knowing a software developer be as open and informative has you peeps. That warrants respect. Ill be waiting

Ryan

It'll make a difference to pirates. ;) If ED didn't believe that, why would they come up with the solution they have?

I don't think an activation would be a huge hassle for a legitimate user ... then again I don't really do major hardware changes every month myself, and I imagine that for the few people who do, maybe it will be ... I'd expect those people to have internet access however :D

LOL you know what I'm getting at but OK.

I can only answer your first point with a question. Why wasn't the LO:FC dvd version of SF used in the first place? And why not use a CD/ ID checker for online play? If the former was already compromised then why not rely on the latter of an ID checker for online play like the rest of the PC gaming world?

Your second point, as you suggest, is down to the individual and how they treat their particular hardware upgrades. But we have seen many PC savvy individuals use up their activations becasue they were not aware of or failed to use the reg back up utility. Yeah I know they didn't read the following instructions which were posted after they downloaded, regarding the .. etc . etc. But anyway at this point how can activations solve the problem of a Russian copy of BS that's already been cracked?

If they want to shut them down then spend time on introducing an online checker, along with a patch to change the BS version making the compromised BS completely useless from this point forward. Once the crackers fart around offline for awhile they'll have to buy to play online or stop using which is no loss sale to ED/ 1C.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Teachers hot, aint she? :D

hot-ass-teacher.jpg

While like others I am disappointed by this news, I can't say i'm truly surprised. I agree fully with ED that they have to protect their investment, Sadly its a fact of life that things get ripped off. I am peeved that some have taken the choice of illegally obtaining a copy which has led to the rest of the community being let down and creating a PR nightmare for the hard working people at ED. While I had already made the choice to get both versions when they were realised, I was only going to use russian one to get used to flying and try and do a OCU on the aircraft,before the real fun began next year. So I guess the fact its not avalible is no biggie, Just gonna have to wait for the demo and hope it gives us enough time to learn how to fly it. :)

I want Ed to know, that despite the fact i'm sure they are feeling very let down by some members of this community at the mo, The vast majority of us are still here, and will support whatever action you feel is right to safeguard BS. This is going to be THE heli sim for the forseeable future and a new benchmark, one which will be worth the wait. I will wait and see what the new year brings for us, and all being well will be flying in a few short months.

I just hope the pirates remember, Yes you may have been excited to get BS and couldnt wait, BUT you have screwed your fellow simmers and MAY have jepodised the rest of this project, BS has a chance of becoming amazing as more and more modules come out, BUT if you guys steal EDs work, then WHY should they spend time and money for you guys just to steal it.

ED you guys keep up the amazing work and I'll look forward to seeing it very soon.

Cowboy10uk

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: