Viper Core Features

Mirage2425

At this point in the development of the Viper I feel we have plenty of weapons to work with.  My preference is that ED move to bug fixes and adding core features to the Viper.  My hope is that the following be made a priority after the release of the CBU-103 and CBU-105.

• Bullseye
  • Flight model update
  • DTOS
  • Mark points
  • Target steerpoints
  • DEST and CRUS page

These features are sorely needed.  I often feel like I'm fighting with one hand tied behind my back.  Right now it's extremely difficult to attack anything unless there is a steerpoint near or on top of the target.  The only time this occurs is during strike missions.  When doing CAS or DEAD you have to rely on your systems and without the above features I'm fighting the systems more than I am the enemy.  Anyway, I wanted to put this out there, for what it's worth.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Finishing JHMCS and DTOS would be my priorities. DTOS is already partially implemented I think, since it's very similar to how the Maverick and JDAM VIS Modes work. Bullseye would also be really nice, along with adding the North arrow to the HSD. 

• Like 2

Additions:

DTC and configurable MFD pages

Better TGP

More official Turkish squadron skins (unoffcial skins are full of mistakes)

Other incomplete stuff (like alternative landing gear, flcs bit test etc)

• Like 3

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

I completely agree with OP, but for the love of god, don't exclude the HTS pod. The F-16CM-50 is the USAF's main SEAD platform so it would be nice if we were actually capable of performing it properly.

• Like 5

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

TGP contrast is broken.

FM, Bullseye... These are more important than jsow. Why is jsow given priority? Core systems are missing.

I bought the viper when it first came out but still not operational.

We just have weapons. But we don't have systems? Just funny.

There is wrong planning here.

Thanks.

Edited by Alpiinoo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

alpiinoo_signature.png.92e62da0731ec62ed4f4cd1e7f958385-removebg-preview.png

All the weapons in the world will not give us the ability to actually use the Viper.  Everything is so frustrating to use.  Getting the TGP pointed the right direction requires the use of snowplow mode.  DTOS should be easy to implement because, as someone mentioned earlier DTOS is partially implemented as part of the Maverick and JDAM's.  Also, the TGP seems to drift even I'm INR mode.  We need mark points as then we have coordinates.  This means on lofting you have to sweeten the lock when you should be focusing on pickling and going defensive.  Also, both the TGP and Maverick are difficult to see on the MFD, making it even more frustrating.  Finding targets with the TGP is very difficult without a steerpoint as it's like looking through a soda straw.  A2G radar and DTOS would help with that.  The lack of bullseye makes it difficult to communicate the position of targets or other members of the flight.  DEST and CRUS can wait, though they are nice to haves.  Tuning the flight model and improving the A2A radar is also important.  A2G radar is also a nice to have.  Beyond that in my opinion everything else in my opinion is a nice to have.  

Also, saying most planned for later doesn't tell the community anything we don't already know.  What comes first?  No time lines, just what are the priorities other than weapons?

Edited by Mirage2425
  • Like 9

52 minutes ago, Mirage2425 said:

All the weapons in the world will not give us the ability to actually use the Viper.  Everything is so frustrating to use.  Getting the TGP pointed the right direction requires the use of snowplow mode.  DTOS should be easy to implement because, as someone mentioned earlier DTOS is partially implemented as part of the Maverick and JDAM's.  Also, the TGP seems to drift even I'm INR mode.  We need mark points as then we have coordinates.  This means on lofting you have to sweeten the lock when you should be focusing on pickling and going defensive.  Also, both the TGP and Maverick are difficult to see on the MFD, making it even more frustrating.  Finding targets with the TGP is very difficult without a steerpoint as it's like looking through a soda straw.  A2G radar and DTOS would help with that.  The lack of bullseye makes it difficult to communicate the position of targets or other members of the flight.  DEST and CRUS can wait, though they are nice to haves.  Tuning the flight model and improving the A2A radar is also important.  A2G radar is also a nice to have.  Beyond that in my opinion everything else in my opinion is a nice to have.  

Also, saying most planned for later doesn't tell the community anything we don't already know.  What comes first?  No time lines, just what are the priorities other than weapons?

I totally agree with you.

alpiinoo_signature.png.92e62da0731ec62ed4f4cd1e7f958385-removebg-preview.png

I vote for flight model, bits, Mark points and ag radar, cruise and other ded/ mfd pages. On top of that, I want a better damage model. I want to do proper flame out landings and other emergency procedures.. And I want the atc to be competent enough to handle it, like that other sim. 

Edited by b0bl00i
  • Like 1

• ED Team

Hi all, 

thank you for your interest, as we have mentioned before we have a busy schedule for the viper and the team are hard at work on many of the features mentioned here already. 

As we get closer to completing those features we will share progress and videos with you all. 

thanks 

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2