Cumulonimbus Clouds

Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

• Solution

The answer is yes. 👍

From April 9th newsletter:

If all goes well, DCS World Open Beta 2.7.0 should be launching on the 14th of April 2021 and will introduce the new Clouds and their large range of presets to choose from in the Mission Editor. We are also working on a Cloud generator capable of creating on-demand visual representations of much larger clouds such as towering cumulus and cumulonimbus. After the initial launch, we will continue the development of natural cloud cycles, severe weather behaviour, thunderstorms and fog. 

• Like 7

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Let's hope that work on the weather doesn't go on the backburner, since it's some of the most, if not the most impressive I've yet seen in any simulator or game. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 4

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully, still this year.... 

• Like 1

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 2:30 PM, Skysurfer said:

Yeah, I'm fine with presets for the time being as long as we can have the new fog and rain effects. Clouds moving with wind would also be quite nice.

what really breaks the immersion for me, is that each preset covers the whole map. i think it looks good for scattered clouds and similar, but for "heavier" cloud presets, it is not very believable. i hope we can get some interim solution for that (multiple zones etc.), if the full weather sim takes more time...

• 4 months later...